Can i have some 5 2 diet success stories please?

Options

Replies

• shanighias
    shanighias Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have lost 65 pounds in 7 months with 5:2 diet running and P90X3! I ll post my story and photos once I reach my goal weight which is 20 pounds away!
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I've been considering doing 1-2 days a week eating 600-800 calories, all in carb free protein drinks. Then I will continue eating at my current 1400 cal diet the rest of the week. Sort of a modified 5:2, I guess.
    I'll probably eat some low cal veggies,too, for added fiber on "fast" days. Blend spinach or chard into my smoothies already and love it.
  • lillyfairy2013
    lillyfairy2013 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi im Jessie and starting.5.2 diet Monday im so nervous. My weight is a constant battle. I struggle
    To keep it off. I could really use tips and a freind tl help me stay focused xx
  • Solbina
    Solbina Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I went from 145lbs (66kg) to 127lbs(58kg) in 4 months (i'm 5'8 tall), i didn't exercices much just 20mins of circuit training here and there and walking 60mins 2times a week. I ate 600-800 on fast days

It gets easier with time

awesome 5:2 grp on fb it has like 30k members, lost of posts/motivation daily
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/the52diet/
  • sbarklay
    sbarklay Posts: 1
    Options
    Has anyone been able to go out and have a couple cocktails or wine with dinner on 5:2? I don't go out every weekend but would like to see if this might work with my occasional night out.

Thanks for any thoughts or ideas!
  • jojomca2005
    Options
    Hi Everyone

After speaking about it today I have decided this week to start the 5:2 diet but can't really get my head around it, can anyone help get me started please.

Any groups can join online for advice and support.

All help greatly appreciated

Thank you

Jo
  • arniela
    arniela Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi all just let those who are new to the 5 2 diet , I have have been doing the diet for about 4 months and with exercising I have lost 2 stone. I have had my days when I have fallen by the wayside so to speak but I just limit the damage and start afresh the next day.
    I tend to on the fast days use most of my calories later on in the day. At the moment I am doing the alternative days and it seems to work for me. So for those just starting it does work just stick at it.
  • Fallingsakura
    Fallingsakura Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Some very impressive stories here. I'm certainly going to give it a try in the next weeks.
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    nomorebingesgirl2014 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Looking for 5:2 friends xx
  • suja0609
    suja0609 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting today.My plan is to try this for ONE month .. and see how i feel physically. I really hope i can do this, and that I will STICK to this plan atleast. So far today i have eaten 242cals. Black coffee and water does help the day move on. What i found best was how alert and sharp I felt at work while feeling so hungry! LOL!

Tomorrow I need to get back to my gym.. hoping atleast 1hr workout 4-days a week will help me get through the next 30 days.
    I plan to fast on Tuesdays and Thursdays...
    I do NOT plan to work out on my fast days...
    I do NOT plan to get on the scale for a month ..
    and .. I definitely plan to eat an ice-cream tomorrow! :happy:

This is FUN!
  • nomorefatjuu
    nomorefatjuu Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I want to do this diet but I'm afraid of gaining weight instead of losing it because my body is different it works with a lot less calories, do u really recommend it?
  • lisa_darlene9
    lisa_darlene9 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    WOW,,,I just happened across this board , I never heard of 5:2 before at all. I read what all have to say, I am so beyond curious now. I am going to find more info on it, but I definitely going to give it a go. I have had some pretty big changes in my life lately, my spouse and I were posted out of Canada a few months ago, we now live in Venezuela. I am not working while I am here, so with all this time I have to myself I can now be selfish and focus on getting myself to me I know I can be. I have been overweight pretty much my whole life, I have sat back and watched others do things that I wish I could do, Im not sitting back anymore. I am going to start this 5:2, I am choosing Mondays and Thursdays as my fast days. Those are the days that our housekeeper is here and I do not workout on the days she is here , it makes me uncomfortable.
    Did someone say there is a group on here focused on the 5 2 diet, I would love to be a part of it.
  • liyahxoxo
    Options
    Hi!
    First of all sorry if this has been discussed somewhere else - if so, please direct me to it.
    Anyways, i wanted to ask- what's the best use of the 500 cals on the fast days? What do you recommend to eat?
  • trudywc2
    trudywc2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    How stupid to eat nothing, you will store fat that way

Well aren't you a little ray of sunshine? :laugh:

LOL
  • angie007az
    angie007az Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Started in September of 2013. I also walk 5 miles every day.
  • BoyishGirl
    BoyishGirl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started my weight loss with the 5/2 diet. Lost 7lbs my first week. It was really great but it got tiring for me. So I changed to the 8:16 diet. Where you fast for 16 hours a day and eat during the 8 hour period. So far I've lost 22lbs all together! It's been great and I feel amazing. :)
  • Abarrackman
    Abarrackman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started the fast 5/2 diet in April 2013 and have followed it faithfully since then (missing only one or two "fast" days during that time). I lost 50 pounds within one year; I am now down 62 pounds and am shooting for another 15 pounds or so. My total cholesterol has dropped 30 points, my good "HDL" cholesterol increased from 50 to 90, my triglycerides dropped from an already low 99 to a very low 35. My average blood pressure dropped from 175/110 to 105/60 and my resting pulse dropped from 80 to 62. My fasting glucose also dropped. I have gone from a size 20+ to a size 10. I have achieved steady weight loss (fairly fast at first, then gradual with occasional plateau points) with this diet and never had any rebound gain or yo-yoing (not counting the occasional pound or two gained and then lost). I should note that I am not eating any beef, pork, lamb or meat other than lean chicken or turkey. I eat fish at least twice a week and I have a MINIMUM of two completely vegetarian or vegan days. On my "fast" days, I usually have a 110-calorie salmon burger or mahi-mahi burger patty (no bun) with vegetables cooked in very little oil (bok choy, onion, red pepper, eggplant and a green salad with a 10-calorie vinegrette (balsamic) for lunch. On fast days I eat no bread, pasta, rice, or potatoes. In combination with the fast diet, I also have made sure to get regular exercise -- usually walking/running 30-60 minutes daily, plus weight training 2 times a week, and yoga. I am 57 years old and feel better and am in better shape than I was in my late 30s. The fast 5/2 diet really works for me. I like not counting calories or having restrictions 5 days a week. I usually eat the same thing on the 2 "fast days" so I don't need to do a lot of planning or thinking about it. I find that I naturally eat less than before on my "eat" days.
  • angela233Z
    angela233Z Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I love 5:2
    It is the first diet I have been able to stick to.
    I am 49, 5 feet tall and sedentary lifestyle, so my TDEE is 1600.
    I eat 500 calories on fast days and around 1600-2000 on non-fast days and am still losing.
    I do have drinks on occasion, just count them.

I don't think it is necessary to count calories on non-fast days, but I prefer to as it is a learning experience for me.

Other benefits - I actually understand the difference between hunger and eating because I am bored, tired, happy, upset - etc.
    I am eating super healthy on fast days - all vegetables and lean protein, and a little fruit.

good luck if you decide to try it.
    Come check out our 5:2 group
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8005-5-2-fasting
  • tessi1993
    tessi1993 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    im SO exicted to do this after all the stories !!!
  • Mogs21
    Mogs21 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi - please can you give me some advice. I did really well on my first 5:2 journey - but gave up after a break during the holidays. I have a question about the fasting schedule - in terms of the number of hours fasting (24 or 36).

In the Michael Mosely book it suggests starting your fast day at around 7:30 in the morning with a light breakfast and having dinner at around 7.30 consuming the remainder of your 500/600 cals.

Assuming nothing was eaten in the evening before the fast day began - Michael would have had around 12 hours without food the night before. Another 12 on his actual fast day. Followed by another 12 hours between 7.30pm and 7.30am on the following 'non fast' day. That's a total of 36 hours.

This time round I had decided to try fasting from 7.00pm on a Sunday night - through to 7.00pm on the following evening - consuming my 500 calories in one go at lunchtime. Then I would have dinner with my family ... which is only a total of 24 hours ...

Any comments - help and guidance out there? Thanks in advance
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!