back ... again ... frustrated!

Options
I recently put on about 15 pounds from being sick - chronic tonsillitis ... the weight gain is a combo of being basically bed ridden every night after work for months + multiple steroid rounds. so frustrated, I was losing weight before I got sick, and now I'm at my highest weight in years.

oddly, it all went into my thighs mainly, I typically gain weight in my stomach area first.

in an attempt to not relapse, I'm trying to still rest and take it easy but also work in exercise, so I've decided to walk 45-hr everyday plus additional workouts like pilates/yoga etc. I'm also watching my food intake again.

anyone ever been in a similar situation?

Replies

• sdarnold
    Options
    Hey! I was training for a half marathon when I got pneumonia. I initially lost weight but since regaining my health have gained 8lbs. which is not much unless you are trying to lose 25! I have recently rededicated myself to running and dieting and have gained about 3lbs the first week of it. But, stick with it. I am feeling good about myself and hopefully my body will remember what it should be doing! Good luck and start slow. I think yoga and walking are great start because it's movement but not too much!