want to loose 2 pounds a week

Options
I started back on MFP about a month ago. I am currently loosing about a pound a week and so excited! Just currious how would I go about loosing 2 pounds a week?
A little about me- female, 214 pounds eating 1600 (eat back 1/2 exercise calories) and work out 5-6 times a week including zumba, yoga, swimming, walking, 30 day shred and strength training.I am not looking for a diary critique.TIA!

Replies

• Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    That is SO fab, good for you, you're really going for it! If it ain't broke don't fix it, and it's early days... just keep going and reassess in another month.

All the best :smile:
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    If you really want to lose more quit eating back all of your exercise calories. Most estimates are high for exercise so eating 50% back at most will give you a safer estimate. There's nothing wrong with consistently losing a pound a week though.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    The only way to increase your loss is to increase the calorie deficit so either burn more or eat less. Just FYI 2 lbs/week can be done but it is tough. Its up to you to decide what you can handle but steady 1lb a week is really great and if you are happy with your current life it might not be worth pushing harder. Just be careful not to burn yourself out too much trying to speed up the loss because thats when people drop it all together. Right now you might be on a little bit slower track but you ARE on track :) . Best of luck, you are doing great!
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    It really is all about calories in < calories out. Did you get to the 1600 calorie intake by configuring your goals in MFP? If so did you set it to lose 1 pound per week? If so you can change that to 2 pounds and that will adjust your daily calorie goal.
    Having said that... like everyone else said, it may not be worth the deficit, if you are happy with things now! It may taking longer to get to goal but it may be easier to manage. Good luck!
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I started out with the 1200 calories a day eating back 600 for breastfeeding and all my exercise calories.
    I'm 5'3" weighed 190 when I started, and lost a little over 2lb a week in the begining.

I started out just walking. I didn't add Zumba until I got close to my goal weight. I noticed I didn't lose much weight doing Zumba even with the huge calorie deficit. I guess I'm just one of those people that works better with the " slow and steady" approach.

I agree, a few of the estimates can be high. Especially if you have days where you just don't get that extra umph from your workout.
  • dimdn
    dimdn Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP over a year ago and didn't do anything with it. At that time I had a desk job and it recommended 1200. Now I'm a stay at home mom, my kids and I are pretty active. I was trying to follow the 1200 this time around and was pretty grumpy. So I did some reading and my BMI (I think) is 1580 so that's when I bumped it up to 1600. With your suggestion I found in my settings in MFP and updated my goals, starting weight, lifestyle etc. I plugged in 2 pounds and it took it down to 1260 (which I'm just not comfortable with). Then I plugged in 1.5 pounds and suggested 1520 which is totally doable for me. Thanks for your suggestion! It really is figuring out what works and sticking with it!
  • dimdn
    dimdn Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It really is all about calories in < calories out. Did you get to the 1600 calorie intake by configuring your goals in MFP? If so did you set it to lose 1 pound per week? If so you can change that to 2 pounds and that will adjust your daily calorie goal.
    Having said that... like everyone else said, it may not be worth the deficit, if you are happy with things now! It may taking longer to get to goal but it may be easier to manage. Good luck!
    Thank you dlionsmane. See my post above.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    This thread needs more Loosing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnHm4ro_l8s