How to properly measure yourself

Options
I was just wondering if anyone has a diagram as to properly measure your neck, waist, and hips. I know where they are, I just want to make sure there is a proper and consistent way of doing it.

Replies

• nessaj
    nessaj Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I've just replied to someone else's post asking about this. I have no idea what part of my arm / thigh to measure etc
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    it doesnt matter where you measure on you, as long as you measure in the same place every time....that is the most important part to see progress on your own body....sooooo, i suggest taking a picture of yourself and then have someone measure you and mark on the picture where they placed the tape....

good luck
    denise
  • trice
    trice Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I use this site to help guide me. It's simple but if you are consistently measuring the same way (as mentioned above by others) then it works.

I measure neck, chest, stomach, and hips. I have a spreadsheet and track my body fat there as well as on here. I use the spreadsheet to measure my week by week progress as well as to predict how hitting my goals from month to month will impact my body fat overall.

My two cents.

http://www.linear-software.com/online.html