Fluctuating Weight

Options
Hi Everyone - until recently I only weighed myself once a month at the Dr's. For the past month or so - we have put the "battery" in our scale at home - so now we can weigh ourselves more often. Not sure this is a good thing. I find myself weighing first thing in the morning, then evenings, etc... Wellll - I get excited when I see a certain number - then it can go up or down within a half day, next day, etc... When is the best time to weigh yourself? Or how often? Like - I am LOVING this morning's number - haha. So I want it to be that when I get done work tonight - LOL. Should I post THAT number or wait to see if it fluctuates? Thank you for any help!!

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I was a daily weighed. It's hard sometimes. I now weigh once a week, on Fridays, in the morning same circumstances each time. If I weigh any other time, I just mentally log it, Friday's weigh-in is the only one that "counts". I feel like that way, I can actually chart trends better, daily fluctuations make it hard to really know if you're losing or not sometimes.
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I weigh every few days randomly to get a general idea, but the weight that I record is once a week, on the same day, first thing in the morning. It's normal for your weight to fluctuate by a few lbs throughout the day and from one day to the next.
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself in the morning in my birthday suit after I have been to the bathroom, not every day and certainly not around that time of the month (too much water weight). I aim for at least once a week, never several times a day, i think i would get too obsessive about it.
  • MisterHeavyDuty
    Options
    Once a week, in the morning. Daily weight fluctuations are totally normal. Daily weight fluctuations are way more manic with women, especially during that certain time of the month. You'll go crazy weighing yourself everyday, let alone multiple times a day.
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Its best to weight yourself at the same time of the day for tracking whether you weigh every day or less frequently. I often weigh myself multiple times daily to see how my body reacts to input and output but I only count it for weight loss if its at my morning weigh-in and its been down more than one day in a row.
  • tink11464
    tink11464 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thank you Everyone!! Welllll - I'm going to post my "morning" weight on Fridays starting with today's weight (because as I said - todays was a good weigh in for me - haha). Thank youuuu!!!