When Aunt Flow comes to visit???

Options
How much weight do you loose or gain when you first get your period? I normally gain, my guess bloated, but this week I show a .5 loss. I also normally have lots of cramps, I have not gotten yet. I started running last week. I am sure everyone reacts different, what's your experience?

Replies

• Buppie
    Buppie Posts: 43
    Options
    I have only had one month since I have started this, and that week I actually lost 3 lbs! Because I was bloated, I wasn't as hungry, so my caloric intake was less and I still did low impact exercise (Wii Fit). I am about to start again, so I am curious to see if this happens each time or not. I also drank more water, because I knew I was bloated. Strange stuff...
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I usually gain about 5 flippin' pounds the week before girl time. It falls off (water) when I'm through. I have been on BC for 15 years and my cycle has been like clockwork, every 28 days to the T. I started MFP for about 1-2 weeks and I got my period 7 days early! My doc says it could be due to my drastic calorie reduction and increased workouts.
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    Well, I had just started when I had weighed in last week and I showed a 2 lb gain. Coming up on another weigh in and I'm at the very end of Aunt Flow and I'm already showing a loss of 1 of those lbs.
  • amymt10
    amymt10 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I always gain about 5lbs (water weight) about a week before, but always comes off when i do start.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    I gain anywhere from 5 to 7 pounds. Thankfully it's gone the next week.
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I seem to gain about 2 lb right before and during and then when it is over as long as I stayed on plan, I tend to see a huge drop of about 3 - 4lbs. I did notice though that I only had 3 weeks between the two and I started MFP in June and I just finished my second one. I am hoping this is just my body adjusting to better food choices and exercise for the first time in 15 years and doesn't continue to go every 3 weeks because that will screw with my numbers too often...
  • cassycarter
    Options
    I gain right before... things like hatha yoga and pilates help the bloating tho. And it feels great!
  • etemple
    etemple Posts: 1
    Options
    Oooo... good idea! Thanks =)