Best live music moment

Options
sillygoosie
sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
I've been walking around all week like a big excited dork about seeing my favorite band, Built to Spill. So the show was last night and it was a fabulous show (my 4th time seeing them) but then came the encore and they played The Smith's "How Soon is Now". It was probably the best moment I've ever had at a show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCVtisSYpYk

What's your best moment, where your mouth just dropped open in awe?

Others for me would be:

Ed Kowalczyk of Live getting on top of one of the stage towers at Red Rocks to sing "I Alone"
Every time I see Willie Nelson perform "I'll Fly Away"
Bruce Springsteen bringing the entire crowd at the Pepsi Center to complete and total silence during "My City of Ruins"

I'm sure there are a lot more. Pardon my nerdiness but I live for this sht.

Replies

• mamasasa
    mamasasa Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Corb Lund at Castle Mountain ski resort in Southern Alberta - It was my daughter's first concert. She was 3 and loved it! And Corb has the best character/personality

Any house concert I went to in Saskatchewan - just so intimate and you really got to know the artists.

There was one mouth drop open moment at a Dwight concert...he walked on stage with his guitar in front of his pelvis and I thought for a good ten seconds he didn't have pants on! (He was wearing buckskin pants) lol
  • sillygoosie
    Options
    Small venues are my favorite. The best was seeing Lukas Nelson (Willie's son) and The Promise of The Real at this tiny bar in Denver. He blew me away.
  • nena49659
    nena49659 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    My all time favorite is and always will be the first concert I ever went too. And, it had nothing to do with the entertainment. (Though, Heart is AWESOME!) It was my first date ever. And, the only date I ever went on with my first love. I was 14 years old. 35 years and many concerts later, I still love Heart. It's still my favorite concert ever. And, he is still my love. Though, we are just friends now. :happy:
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Mine was actually after the show. Not sure if that counts, but I'm telling the story, anyway.

Apparently, it was National Kiss Day, but I had no idea about that. My wife and I went to see my favorite singer, Laura Branigan. After the show, we had the opportunity to meet her, so I jumped at that chance. We go up to meet her and she grabs me and kisses me on the cheek. Wha? Huh? Sure...

The other one was probably the first time I saw Queensryche and they played the entirety of "Roads to Madness." I had seen bits where they played the first half of the song live, but this was the whole thing - awesome.
  • mamasasa
    mamasasa Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My first concert was Kenny Rogers and Dolly Pardon...memorable for sure!
  • kohnda34
    kohnda34 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Seeing Roger Waters the Wall. The concert was just insane. I saw him perform Dark side of the moon one year too but he only does The Wall now. I wish I was old enough to see Pink Floyd, would have been amazing. I hear the stories from my dad and his friends and I'm jealous.
  • speedgoose
    Options
    Not a big concert, but a spontaneous reggae session happened around me at the beach last week. Friday after work I went to the beach to play some soccer and I hear steel drums right next to me. Jammed out to some reggae and danced while playing soccer on the beach...living the life, man.
  • sillygoosie
    Options
    Seeing Roger Waters the Wall. The concert was just insane. I saw him perform Dark side of the moon one year too but he only does The Wall now. I wish I was old enough to see Pink Floyd, would have been amazing. I hear the stories from my dad and his friends and I'm jealous.

Saw them in 94(?) for their Division Bell tour. It was pretty amazing. Would have been more amazing if I hadn't thrown up on myself before the show even started. Ahh the fun times of being 16.
  • Mustgetbuff
    Mustgetbuff Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Definitely the first time I saw Rammstein, my favourite band! The entire show was amazing but I was really impressed by their performance of Ich tu dir weh:

http://youtu.be/xti2Pb8yMAs
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Seeing U2 at Croke Park in Dublin on back to back nights.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Queen in St. Paul, MN in 1983....Freddy was amazing!!

Judas Priest in Omaha 1991....Rob Halford's last tour before he left the band....came in riding that big black Harley Davidson..

Stone Temple Pilots in Kansas City 2009...Scott Weiland's return to the band.....
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    If you're into southern-y blues rock, I suggest seeing JJ Grey & Mofro live.
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Queen in St. Paul, MN in 1983....Freddy was amazing!!

Judas Priest in Omaha 1991....Rob Halford's last tour before he left the band....came in riding that big black Harley Davidson..

Stone Temple Pilots in Kansas City 2009...Scott Weiland's return to the band.....

I saw Queen and Billy Squier in Kansas city in 1983+/-

When I was 10 (1968) my brother let me go with him and a friend to see the Doobie Brothers in Omaha. I was scared when I saw people smoking for the first time. lol
  • jackson7478
    jackson7478 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Seeing George Strait at the fair in PA, sitting in the front row and after the show was over, I was able to shake his hand. Awesome, I love that man.:love::blushing:
  • Routerninja
    Options
    Front row of a GWAR concert on halloween night in Detroit.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Seeing the Rolling Stones and AC/DC live (different shows). I thought I was going to cry I was so excited :sad: :bigsmile:
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    Sorry to see the Bombers having such a bad season. I'm an Argos fan but my mom grew up just outside Winnipeg, and is a Bomber fan.

Probably 3rd row at MLG for ZZ Top. Dusty Hill looked right at me, so I let out a huge open mouthed growl, and he growled right back at me. :smile:
  • RN514
    RN514 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Miley Cyrus at the VMAs this year.
    Oh, you said best. oops.

Miranda Lambert concerts are the best! Love her. ;)
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    So many to choose from!

Dave Matthews at Red Rocks = life changing

I also got to see Mumford and Sons at a park in Lincoln. There was no seating, just open the flood gates and run. Ended up right agains the stage. It was amazing!
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I love going to concerts and live music.

I went so crazy when Bon Jovi started singing "Living on a Prayer". That song is my jam.

I got to meet Naturally 7 (hip hop acapella group). They were so lovely and signed my CD. Oh so attractive as well. :love: