Two NSVs my wife wasn't sure she liked

Options
jeffd247
jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
Last night I stood by the bed, shook my hand and my wedding band fell off. Then I loosened my belt and my pants fell off...

My wife's reaction... "Wow! Hey! Wait a minute!!!"

I actually really enjoy the feeling of the ring being loose, but I know I'll need to get it re-sized soon or I'll lose it. It's something to remind me that I am doing the right thing every time I wobble my hand. The pants thing is a problem because I'm planning to lose more weight, and don't want to buy any "middle weight" pants.

Replies

• Monkeyrhea
    Monkeyrhea Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I cannot wait until I have to get my ring resized :)
  • nmpoli
    nmpoli Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Too funny! I can see the issue your wife might take with both of those things happening at the same time :laugh:

I hear you on the "mid-weight" pants. Maybe there should be an MFP pants swap? Lol
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Your wife doesn't like when your pants come off?

Time to look for a new wife.

not srs, in case it wasn't obvious
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Have your pants taken in, it's cheaper than buying middle weight pants. And have the ring sized or stop wearing it until your done losing weight. My wife lost her ring last year and we only found it by renting a metal detector. She would have been devastated if she hadn't found it.
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the NSV's!!! I second the MFP pant swap. I am in the exact same problem with my rings and my pants. Unfortunately I have dropped so many pant sizes going from a size 20 in pants to presently a size 10. So I have been forced to by mid journey pants. OH well I love to shop lol and then I give all my clothes to my sister
  • maggs155
    maggs155 Posts: 258
    Options
    My ring size went down also lol People don't really think about their fingers getting skinny. I had a size six wedding band and I told my husband I have to get it sized. I almost lost it several times. I am now a 4 3/4.
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    My ring finger has apparently not gotten any skinnier!
  • jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Have your pants taken in, it's cheaper than buying middle weight pants.

They are jeans, and I am not cool enough to be wearing jeans this baggy.
    And have the ring sized or stop wearing it until your done losing weight. My wife lost her ring last year and we only found it by renting a metal detector. She would have been devastated if she hadn't found it.

I wouldn't be comfortable not wearing it. It's how my wife transmits her commands directly to my brain, and if I take it off I tend to walk in a circle muttering.

I was going to get one of those little clear rubber things that you put on the ring to tighten it up a bit.
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I wait for sales at old navy to buy my in between sized jeans. I got a couple pairs for $10 each. Who knew how much thinner i looked by wearing pants that actually fit me. Plus they have a bit if stretch to them so hopefully they will hold up against some more weight loss.
  • mjkanaan
    mjkanaan Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My ring keeps sliding around as well, but I'm not quite ready to get it re-sized. As for the pants, trust me when I say, invest in at least a couple of pairs in the new size! I resisted for the same reason - I'm not done losing yet. However, I went out shopping for new jeans a couple of weeks ago because we can wear jeans at work on Fridays now for a while, and I went down two sizes. It has made a huge difference in my confidence level and I've gotten so many compliments from people that have finally noticed that I've lost weight that didn't notice when I was still wearing my baggy jeans. Seriously! So worth the money that I spent, even if it's only temporary until I lose more and have to go out and buy an even smaller size!!!
  • suzyfj8
    suzyfj8 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :)
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Maybe there should be an MFP pants swap? Lol

This is a great idea... Where do I sign up?
  • lindamartin423
    lindamartin423 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My husband and I hit up the consignment stores to find cheap "intermediate" clothes. congratulations!
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Last night I stood by the bed, shook my hand and my wedding band fell off. Then I loosened my belt and my pants fell off...

My wife's reaction... "Wow! Hey! Wait a minute!!!"

I actually really enjoy the feeling of the ring being loose, but I know I'll need to get it re-sized soon or I'll lose it. It's something to remind me that I am doing the right thing every time I wobble my hand. The pants thing is a problem because I'm planning to lose more weight, and don't want to buy any "middle weight" pants.

You can buy one of those clear plastic ring guards to help it fit more snugly, or use a bandaid, or whatever, until you need to get it resized (when you reach your goal weight).

As for the pants - what about suspenders??
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    And have the ring sized or stop wearing it until your done losing weight. My wife lost her ring last year and we only found it by renting a metal detector. She would have been devastated if she hadn't found it.

I wouldn't be comfortable not wearing it. It's how my wife transmits her commands directly to my brain, and if I take it off I tend to walk in a circle muttering.

I was going to get one of those little clear rubber things that you put on the ring to tighten it up a bit.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Congratulations!
  • ToFatT0B3S1ck
    ToFatT0B3S1ck Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I had to get a new ring as well. Mine had diamonds the entire way around it so it couldn't be resized. Now I have a basic silver one until I am done losing weight.
  • lilndnfeather
    Options
    Awesome :) I would not like my ring to fall off but I know what you mean when it comes to the pants. My shorts have gotten so loose I am thinking about buying a belt.
  • love2lift_85
    love2lift_85 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Fabulous, congrats!! I think those are both great :-)

And as far as "middle weight" clothing goes, maybe hit up a thrift store for some "in between" clothing to wear until you reach your goal.
  • BooBoo1264
    Options
    I just had to have my ring taken down 4 sizes!

It was to the point where i was losing it as soon as my hand was facing down!

For your clothing problem, Don't buy like a whole new wardrobe. Just buy one pair of new dress pants, and one pair of new jeans :D
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    Too funny! I can see the issue your wife might take with both of those things happening at the same time :laugh:

I hear you on the "mid-weight" pants. Maybe there should be an MFP pants swap? Lol

I brought up the idea of a "big people's clothing exchange" several months ago, and was looking to start it myself and moderate it on donations from MFPers, but my posts about it got shot down for self-promotion...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!