Signed up for the Tough Mudder....

Options
what have I gotten myself into?? lol. I did the Warrior dash and that was a piece of cake. This looks challenging. Anyone done it?? Advice?? It's not until April so I have plenty of time to practice my pullups!!!

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I've done it... fun event and I'll be doing it again this year if I can fit it into my schedule.

Don't get too psyched up about it unless you want win it. Be able to run 4 or 5 miles, be able to pull yourself up and over things, through things, over things, etc. Do some interval training because that's really the most similar from a HR/exertion standpoint.

After that, it's really just keeping yourself going for 3-4 hours.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    There's quite a few of us who have completed one. If you type Tough Mudder in the search tab you will get some great info - more than I want to type out. My advice would be to get out of your head and have fun. The part I hated the most was running, but you really never run more than 1 mile without an obstacle. The website has some great exercises to get started. Other than the electricity and swimming through ice there really isn't anything that is too intimidating - plus those are over pretty quick.

We wouldn't continue to sign up for them if they weren't a great time. Amazing camaraderie. I was most surprised by the participants. 1/4 of mine was in swamps and every time someone slipped or fell in a hole, there was someone there to pick them up, teammate or not. It's really a great experience.
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Good luck to ya, I'm jealous. I'm trying to rally some friends together to do it but they are less than enthusiastic about the idea.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I did it solo. It was awesome. Friends are overrated.
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    That's looking more and more like the likely option if I don't fid a team for next year.