what is a healthy weight for......

Options
who is 5'4" and what is your goal weight?????????????????? or what do you think is a healthy weight for this height with a medium body fame???????????????? im curious i just want to be a healthy weight....

Replies

• KyliexBird
    Options
    my best friend is 5'4...she has a small bone frame, but has got major booty. She 115lbs and wears a size 5....doesnt look sick. So im thinking 110 to 125 depending on body frame. :)
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    im the same height, my doctor told me around 140. I have 70 more lbs to go.......You are on a good trend, wtg
  • misspenny762
    misspenny762 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" too! Our healthy weight range is from 140 to 115. My goal weight is 120, ultimate goal is 115 :]
  • stacie1011
    Options
    I'm a weight watcher member and the healthy weight range for a 5'4" female is 117 - 146 according to them. I'm also 5'4" and I'm shooting around 119 - 121...but I'm truly 5'3" 3/4 shhh. Honestly though, I will re-evaluate this when I continue to incorporate more strenght training into my work outs.
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm

This is a chart that shows appropriate weight ranges based upon bone frame. It is all approximate though as you will weigh tmore if you carry more muscle and thats not bad weight!
  • la4et
    la4et Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and weigh 129- this works for me after losing 76 ponds. This is where my body has decided to stay- I think anything less would be to thin- definately not 115
  • vdpal
    vdpal Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" tall and my goal is to get to 120. I am 140. I wear size 4 - 6, but I want my size 4 to fit better. They are too tight.
    46734.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I was told way back when... that ideal weigh to heigh ratio was 5 pounds for every inch over 5 ft tall. Starting with 100 pounds at 5 ft. Then 5 pounds either way for different body frames so that would be 120 average frame - 115 small frame - 125 large frame. But keep in mind everyone is different and you have to allow for that difference in your goals. These are just guidelines and so are all the charts you can pull up in the internet. The main focus is to be happy and healthy - you and your body will know!
  • kk_stephens
    kk_stephens Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Not only does it depend on your body frame -- but bone density, lean muscle mass, and fat.
    Really the only way to tell is to get a body fat analysis done -- and to get that to a healthy number.

Take a look at several pro athletes or body builders -- they are "overweight" or even obese -- but all their weight comes from muscle, not fat. Muscle weights more than fat.

So if you are someone like me -- I know I have a large frame, but also have a lot of muscle hidding under my fat -- my healthy weight wont be the same as yours. I am 5'4". I dont really have a goal right now. Just trying to continue to drop the weight -- but of course I have a ways to go as well.
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4, but almost 5'5. I have weighed 116 most of my adult life. There was a time I went to 110ish & I look back at those pics & don't know how my family didn't have some type of intervention. I look kind of sick & my head looks too big for my body. I have a very small frame (I can't just walk into a store & buy a bracelet or rings...they will fall off of me) & am fairly muscular. I now weigh 120ish & bounce around between 117-123. I am perfectly happy at this weight & am in "maintenance mode". I don't want to be below 116 or above 125...that's just my own limits I've set for myself where I stay healthy-looking but also still fit into all of my clothes.
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4. Looking back at my wedding pictures I was 120 and honestly looked sick. So for me I was happy and think I looked my best around 130-135.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    It all depends on the girl. I'm 5'4" and 105-107 and do not look anorexic in the least. I'm quite muscular infact. I wear a size 1-3 depending on the cut.

For a medium frame though, I'd say anywhere from 115-125 would be a good athletic weight.