rewards

Options
so i really want to set up some rewards for weight loss goals, but I'm having a hard time coming up with stuff.
I can't do anything too big as I dont want to have it be very expensive, but still want it to be something meaningful.
Any recommendations??

Replies

• runningvegan
    Options
    I know a few people who have Pandora or other charm bracelets and get a new charm for every 10 lbs lost. It's a good visual reminder of your successes.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Think of some of the things that you would normally not have wanted to do at your starting weight and then trying doing those things. They will be rewards that are important to you!
    I started doing volunteer work at my local food bank, and I participated in the Crohns Walk this year, and even going into a store and trying on clothes that would not have fit before is a self reward :happy:
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I am doing the charm bracelet, and I love it. It's taken me a long time to get to charm #8 but hopefully in the next week or two I'll have it. I look forward to those ten pound increments when I can add a charm to the bracelet, and wearing it is a good reminder/motivator for me. I almost always wear that bracelet when going out to eat!
  • AlliBarlik
    AlliBarlik Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Ok, for 100 lbs lost, I'm thinking of having a full spa day. Just me. Possibly going someplace out of town. I'm talking facial, mani/pedi, massage.
    For my goal weight, I am considering 1 or 2 things. Definitely going to NYC to go clothes shopping. :bigsmile: OR (and maybe in addition to!!) a very small tattoo. I don't have one--love them! But I want it to be very meaningful and a reminder of where I've been and what it took to get there. :wink:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    When I was actively losing weight (pregnancy has slowed that down) I would reward for every 10lb loss.

I would do things like makeup, jewelry, nail stuff, perfume, when I got below 300lbs I got my ears pierced. After the baby is born, my next goal I have a few bottles of perfume I want. When I reach 250lbs I will probably get another ear piercing.

I'm like a little kid. I have to have presents for motivation.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I am doing the charm bracelet, and I love it. It's taken me a long time to get to charm #8 but hopefully in the next week or two I'll have it. I look forward to those ten pound increments when I can add a charm to the bracelet, and wearing it is a good reminder/motivator for me. I almost always wear that bracelet when going out to eat!

doing this too for big losses
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I got the most beautiful sunrise this morning for completing my morning walk. Thank you God.:happy: