I miss beer

Options

Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Become female some studies have correlated alcohol consumption to lower BMI. Plus, beer makes your boobs bigger.

Otherwise, I'll drink all the Corona for you.
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    The BEER DIET worked for me!! I still lost 90 pounds while drinking beer....
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    But then again, it made me eat more the last month so I only have an 80 pound loss at this moment......heeeheee
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    A triple, a good Belgian , Golden Monkey, Dog Fish Head 60, what else is in the fridge? Hmmmm.....getting thirsty.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Just cut back. Unless 1 or 2 makes you have 10...then ya, quit beer.

This. This is me. I love chardonnay, but it has too many calories. I only have it on my cheat days, and even then I will only have 3 glasses or so.
  • OlyTriNoob
    Options
    Beer makes for a good recovery drink after a brick.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Just cut back. Unless 1 or 2 makes you have 10...then ya, quit beer.
    ^this
  • LiveLifeLogically
    LiveLifeLogically Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Cupcake Sauvignon Blanc only has 96 cals per glass!!! I love it!!!
  • sinistras
    sinistras Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Maybe save 2 beers for the weekend? Friday and Saturday 1 beer each?
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    decided to cut beer from my diet and its bumming me out but I don't see any other option

unfortunately, beer was not willing to wait for you.

beer went out and found a new group of friends.

fun friends.

friends who drink beer when beer wants to be drunk.

beer no longer has your number in its smartphone.

i'm sorry to break the news to you this way. :frown:

oktoberfest05.jpg
  • Crissthetealcat
    Crissthetealcat Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I hear ya'! I live in Oregon and I love our microbrews a lot (which are way higher in calories and carbs than other beers.) I tried switching to "a glass of red wine in the evening" but that glass is usually at least 2 and sometimes 3-4. I'm going to have to cut back all the alcohols. Maybe have wine on weekends and beer once a month, start doing yoga and meditation when I get home from work instead of reaching for the pint or the wine glass, but my, the pint and the wine glass are mighty nice at the end of a long, stressful day.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    You are so lucky! Running is so much easier without beer.

The one mile race I am in tomorrow will require I drink one beer for each 1/4 mile lap. I am not even a beer drinker so this wont be easy for me.

Here are the rules:
    http://www.beermile.com/faq.beer#rules

2cia6b4.jpg

spyazq.jpg
  • IhScoutII
    IhScoutII Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    You are so lucky! Running is so much easier without beer.

The one mile race I am in tomorrow will require I drink one beer for each 1/4 mile lap. I am not even a beer drinker so this wont be easy for me.

Here are the rules:
    http://www.beermile.com/faq.beer#rules

2cia6b4.jpg

spyazq.jpg

Is it wrong to want to follow this plan on my run in the morning?
  • hantms
    hantms Posts: 3
    Options
    Switch to hard liquor. And drink it straight (because it'll take longer to get through a glass), or mix with a diet drink if you must.

The main problem is to not over-eat afterwards (munchies). Drink a lot of water in between alcoholic drinks, and loads of water after.
  • Ryan__V
    Ryan__V Posts: 36
    Options
    I am going out tonight so I purposely left myself enough calories today to cover three wonderful Orange Wheat's from Hangar 24!

Now, I just have to avoid drinking twelve of them, and stay clear of the buffalo wings!!!

(Easier said than done!)
  • Jrunner
    Jrunner Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I was just talking about this with my friend. She was all like "Busch Light only has ....calories" and I'm like "I need a Mickey's" I think it's the puzzles. I can't give up beer so I make it work.
  • foxruddellc1
    foxruddellc1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my beer.... if you enjoy a good beer, and this helps me, have one, with a high alcohol content that tastes great. the dark, thick lagers, stouts and porters have 200-300 calories, but they are FILLING. eat a nice sized salad/whatever and have one great beer that you can really savor. Dragon's Milk is my hands down favorite of all time, but it's expensive, dark, strong and has a lot of flavor, so more than one ruins the experience and I don't usually want more than that. And I can really down beer.
    Hope this helps :)
  • Jrunner
    Jrunner Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I never heard of the beer mile. I must organize one!!!
  • rmblackmt123
    rmblackmt123 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Will you go back to drinking after you lose weight? I just cut back and only drink occasionally and less than I used to. Hell I had 3 beer just the other day and as long as I'm still doing some type of workout I don't feel bad about it at all. Good luck!
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I usually just drink whiskey.
This discussion has been closed.