What food has been ruined for you? (Slightly gross)

Options
13»

Replies

• StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    According to my mom I don't eat onions due to the fact I ate onion sandwiches with my dad as a little girl and refused to touch them in later years after he died. Could be true, dunno. I do know the very smell of them raw makes me gag let alone bite into one...especially when it is unexpected...which fortunately doesn't happen often, 'cause I smell'em "a mile away." blech
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    First time I ever tried shrimp, I got a bad one & was sick later, and the next time I tried them I was at red lobster & they were so overdone you could have bounced them across the table, so until recently, I've not been able to even consider them. Salmon is another one, because I couldn't get the memory of the smell of canned salmon when mom used to make salmon patties for dad when I was little. Fresh salmon smells nothing like that, so I now will eat it

I still have issues with some shrimp... mainly if they're not fried. Bad mexican shrimp quesadilla once.... *shiver*
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    McDonalds' food. I had a McFlurry or sundae or whatever there and promptly got gastroenteritis. The smell of the restaurant makes me feel sick.

Oh, and I've never liked cheese, apparently because when I was little I tried some strong cheese and went completely off it.:)

And apple vodka (consequently, anything apple flavoured, even lip balm). This one is pretty self-explanatory...
  • bohica36
    bohica36 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Milk. When I was a kid we had a carton and these strange looking chunks came out onto the cereal. When my mom looked into the carton there was a rat spine in it and chunks of rat meat. I will never forget what that looked like.

I can't drink a glass of milk and I can only handle it in a bowl of cereal with so much sugar that it doesn't taste like milk.
  • Rosieannaxo
    Options
    This happened to me but with Mexican food. I went to this popular Mexican restaurant in my town and had the most delicious burrito, nachos, etc. But when I got back home, something didn't feel right and I ended up having the most worst stomach virus. I was sick for a week. Now, the smell of any Mexican food and the spices just gets me nauseous and it sucks because I loved Mexican food. I tried eating it few months ago, didn't go well. I couldn't even swallow it :/
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Samoa cookies

Yogurt frosted pretzels

Chocolate, I started eating it almost everyday then one after noon I ate half a bar of dark chocolate. Next I'm in fetal position feeling horrible :sick:

buttered popcorn

flaming hot cheetos

Pringles

Frosted sugar cookies

Pumpkin bread

bananas
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Looking back, I suspect I had food poisoning a lot as a child. Random vomiting could not have been that normal.

Only food that ever got "ruined" like that was Sunchips.
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Milk. When I was a kid we had a carton and these strange looking chunks came out onto the cereal. When my mom looked into the carton there was a rat spine in it and chunks of rat meat. I will never forget what that looked like.

I can't drink a glass of milk and I can only handle it in a bowl of cereal with so much sugar that it doesn't taste like milk.

:frown:
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    for the longest time i could not eat eggplant (i had a bad stomach bug, this is gross but if i get sick in the middle of the night i do not wake up and throw up on myself). i woke up when i was 19 in a pile of eggplant that came up, took me about 5 years to be able to eat it again.
    pene alla vodka i couldn't eat for the longest either. i got wasted one day with my best friend, we made penne alla vodka late at night, hadn't eaten all day so i ate 2 bowls of it. in mid sentence sitting at the table i threw up all over myself, didn't get it anywhere else though. then continued on with my conversation. took me sometime to be able to eat that again to.

Ummmmm...
  • songdogshooter41
    songdogshooter41 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    pop tarts,

I haven't been able to eat one (and keep one down) since I was in grade school.

I have tried all different kinds, same result.

The same thing happens when I eat Menudo.
  • GnosisGnosis
    Options
    Calamari

Oh god... As a Sicilian... I miss breaded and fried Calamari so much.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Kale!
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Anything with artificial raspberry flavor.
    Actually.. Not ruined, I still have it. I don't really care where the flavor came from.