Where to get a lot of protein

Options
Ok, so I am going to get on p90x nutrition and do some exercises. Phase 1 consists of adjusting daily protein to 50% in my situation it will be 188 grams of protein a day. There's no way I can get it in with just meat/eggs etc. Any suggestions on what to do?

I'm afraid of taking protein powders, I don't believe in anything "fake" being good...

Replies

• 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Nut butter. Lots and lots of nut butter.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    giggidy
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Nut butter, yes- but that's super high in calories.

Your best bet, unless you want to gorge yourself on meat all the time (ha) is to go ahead and get a protein powder. There's nothing to be afraid of, and there are probably even "natural" options out there.
  • Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    After you add up how much you think you can get from food, how much protein left do you need?. And with Protein shakes i don't see it being a issue + its a easy way to hit the intake.
  • aklove907
    aklove907 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    giggidy

LMAO
  • scottkjar
    scottkjar Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Salmon. Chicken. Beans. Greek Yogurt. Almonds.
  • gym__bound
    Options
    I would suggest a protein powder since you do need so much protein. But you can try plant protein!
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    snack_zps97de02ab.png
  • 1PatientBear
    Options
    Nut butter, yes- but that's super high in calories.

Not all of it.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I use whey protein powder. It really helps me get all of my protein in for the day while staying under my calorie goal.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I am going to get on p90x nutrition and do some exercises. Phase 1 consists of adjusting daily protein to 50%...

What? Why?

P90x is mostly cardio, eating like that just means you're going to end up with a bunch of water loss that will be gained back the minute you go back to real life.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Fish, seafood, chicken and beef are the some of the highest protein at low (ish) calories.

But 188g is ALOT!

I had 155g today and feel so stuffed
  • Foodorlife
    Foodorlife Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I grew up with people saying that protein powders are MSG, they will cause hormonal disbalance, facial hair,cancer etc...

I know, don't laugh at me, it's different mentality :bigsmile:
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Probably just want to adjust that macro ratio a bit and get more fat in. Reduce intake volume that way.
  • Foodorlife
    Foodorlife Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I am going to get on p90x nutrition and do some exercises. Phase 1 consists of adjusting daily protein to 50%...

What? Why?

P90x is mostly cardio, eating like that just means you're going to end up with a bunch of water loss that will be gained back the minute you go back to real life.

It says 50%...My daily calorie intake is 1500, I put the numbers in and that's what it showed,188g.
  • 1PatientBear
    Options
    I grew up with people saying that protein powders are MSG, they will cause hormonal disbalance, facial hair,cancer etc...

I know, don't laugh at me, it's different mentality :bigsmile:

We're not laughing at you at all. But we ARE saying that that information is wrong. Just because a myth was perpetuated earlier in your life doesn't mean you have to honor that myth forever. Do your own research and make use of the tools that are available to you.
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, lean meats, egg whites ...

ETA: People need to stop saying that nuts/nut butters and beans are good sources of protein ... They are sources of protein, yes, but gram for gram, nuts are more of a fat source, and gram for gram, beans are more of a carbohydrate source ...
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    eat chickens. A lot of them
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Salmon. Chicken. Beans. Greek Yogurt. Almonds.

Any other fish. Turkey. Bison. Shrimp. Cottage Cheese.
  • crevices
    crevices Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    egg whites nuff said