Do you see results from P90X without following the diet?

Hello, i'm a 5'2 female that wants to lose around 35lbs, most in the mid-section but i don't you can spot reduce. But i can't afford to follow the P90X diet but what if I were to eat 40% protein, 30% carbs and 30% fat would that help me get to my goal weight. I know it isn't about the lbs but its a good source of measurement. So any additional help would be amazing.

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Apparently the diet suggestion is 50% protein? Pretty crazy. Should be fine at 40%, or 25%, if that makes you more comfortable. You do want decent protein intake to retain muscle while losing, but 50% is overkill at a reasonable deficit.
  • Apparently the diet suggestion is 50% protein? Pretty crazy. Should be fine at 40%, or 25%, if that makes you more comfortable. You do want decent protein intake to retain muscle while losing, but 50% is overkill at a reasonable deficit.

yea i dont know how people can intake 50% 40% is a challenge as it is! if im trying to lose weight, should i do lean, classic or doubles?
  • sizco18
    sizco18 Posts: 26 Member
    You wanna do lean if ur a girl so you dont pack on lot of muscle like the classic will. I know for a fact if you log ur foods here and havr a 500 deficit to lose weight with doing p90x you will get "lean" even with cheat days here and there to reward urself.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    You wanna do lean if ur a girl so you dont pack on lot of muscle like the classic will. I know for a fact if you log ur foods here and havr a 500 deficit to lose weight with doing p90x you will get "lean" even with cheat days here and there to reward urself.

Haha Woman don't pack on "a lot of Muscle"....please.

As for following the diet on P90X yah I don't think 50% protien is required. Typically is it 1g of protien for every pound of lbm.

I have also read that 0.8g for every lb (not sure about that others correct if wrong).
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Bump for later