Any other MFPers fasting for Ramadan?

Options
2»

Replies

• Sinda
    Sinda Posts: 13
    Options
    Finally off my TOM and fasting~ I lost three pounds in the past two days, but I know it's water weight. I was way too tired to work out yesterday and now I feel really guilty about it. If I make up for yesterday I'll be on day 8 of level one on the 30 day shred. I was wondering, do you guys workout while fasting? and if so what do you do? This is my first ramadan while trying to lose weight and I'm not exactly sure how to go about doing this. After all doesn't fasting slow your metabolism down?
  • less_carbs_4_life
    less_carbs_4_life Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Ramadan mubarak everyone :flowerforyou:

It's great to know there are so many of us doing this together on MFP :smile:

I heard on tv that it's better to workout after the iftar, i workout just before going to bed (i'm doing ChaLEAN extreme)

I hope we all succeed in losing or at least maintaining our weight:smile:
  • renau2e
    renau2e Posts: 8
    Options
    I work out after I break my fast ... I eat a small meal and let it sit for a few minutes (I can't work out on a full tummy, it makes me feel sick) work out, and then eat a bit more.

I also do the 30 day shred and I climb the stairs in my apartment building .... all 30 floors. So far since Ramadan began, I've only done the stairs at night .... maybe next week I'll try the shred. I just find I'm too tired to exercise so late at night!
  • jbootman
    jbootman Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    b, salaams to all, this is my first post, it seemed like ramadan would be a good beginning, so here I am, the week has gone well, not drinking really takes the energy out of me, by mid afternoon I cannot seem to even remember my name, the food thing is the easiest, but here is the problem, I am trying not to eat more than 1200 cal per day, I could eat 1200 cal per meal without thinking, in fact I am sure that is why I am so fat, I only have a cup of coffee in the morning and a glass of water, anything else makes me sick, so hurray that gives me almost 1200 cal for 'dinner', the strictest dinner I seem to come up with has 700 cal, whatever am I going to do after eid and all the other days, and is it going to be this way forever?
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Glad to see everyone is doing well. :)

I started out at 166.9 and yesterday morning weighed in at 164.5. Not too shabby until TOM started and this morning's weigh was 165.4. I'm totally okay with that! :bigsmile:

:heart:
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    I'm Muslim too! Ramadan Mubarak everyone:flowerforyou: :heart:

I started last week (Wednesday) and then TOM arrived on Friday, but Today I restarted...so far so good:bigsmile:

What time do you break your fast? I break it @ 7:52pm today.

The first thing I eat is a piece of tamer/date and a big glass of water. followed by my meal..today my kids want samboosic with chicken flavored rice, grilled chicken, cucumber/yogurt salad, and a regular salad cut into small pieces...

have a great day!

Laila
  • hodakhon
    hodakhon Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    woooow grate
    i m not alone during ramadan look at here... so whats up for every one.? this ramadan is so hard for me because the day is so longgggg....
    and for eftar i dont know how to eat and i'm completly forget to control my eating.
    nice to c your trying during these days
  • Eid mubarak to everyone (:

Time to really start working out and get serious!