burn more calories then you consume?

Options
If you want to lose weight, you'll need to burn more calories than you consume,

I just read this on a weight loss site. I am now so confused. So if I am to eat 1500 calories I am suppose to exercise 1500... What?!? This sounds insane right?

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    You burn most of your calories just being alive.

http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/
  • stinkypoopy
    stinkypoopy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    troll
  • ilovescarymovies
    ilovescarymovies Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Find a tdee calculator and eat less than your tdee consistently and you will lose weight
  • Itbeginswithyourself
    Options
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,317 Member
    Options
    No that's not* what it means. Well, yes it is, but no. Your body burns calories all 24 hours of the day just to stay alive. That's why people that don't exercise still need to eat. That is the number of calories that MFP give you daily based upon your general activity level. People that have desk jobs or are bedbound would burn few calories than a lumberjack or a person that lays sod for 14 hours a day. A much larger person requires more calories to maintain homeostasis (equilibrium of of the body's internal processes and not gain or lose weight) than a smaller, petite person. Males generally require more calories than females. Pregnant women more than un-pregnant women.

That's why MFP gives you the number of calories you can eat in a day. Even it is not 100% accurate....it's only an estimate. And when you exercise, it raises that number giving you more calories you can eat in a day. But whatever that number is, you have to eat less calories than that TOTAL number of Base calories + Exercise calories.