Look pregnant, not pregnant

Options
Definitely not pregnant but, on top of the muffin top and the thunder thighs, I have a bit of a belly out front. I keep getting comments that I look pregnant. I am most definitely not, 100% sure of that. I'm almost certain I gained the weight because of Depo Provera and that stuff is pretty darn effective at preventing pregnancy.

I have a little bit of a diastasis recti (about a finger width) but I'd also like to get rid of the fat padding on top. Its pretty gross that it folds over when I sit down... How can I flatten out my faux 'baby bump'?

Replies

• Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Eat at a calorie deficit and lift heavy weights in a comprehensive full-body routine. Seriously, the deadlifts, jackknives, and weighted Swiss ball exercises in New Rules of Fitness for Women have done more for my stomach (which looked just like you are describing) in six weeks than 6 months of cardio and "ab routines" ever did. I still have a pooch, but it is already smaller and firmer than it was.
  • wrinkledsheets
    wrinkledsheets Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Look up mutu system by Wendy Powell. It's a comprehensive approach to leaning out and flattening a round belly.
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    In addition to losing weight try different clothing styles. That one top that is popular now (peplum? something like that) makes EVERYONE look pregnant imho. Different shirts and different rise/style of pants to take the focus away from your belly could help a lot.
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I looked pregnant when I was overweight. General fat loss through calorie deficit will reduce the size of your stomach.
  • robingmurphy
    robingmurphy Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Fat loss will help a lot. There's some evidence that exercises can help reduce a diastasis. Look up "mummy tummy" exercises.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Zombie thread!!!