The "slow and steady wins the race" myth...

Options
123457»

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    So, in conclusion, any failure on their part, is due to the fact that they weren't on MFP.

No, merely the fact studies have shown how bad and inaccurate logging is when done at end of day, or trying to do previous days eating level, or recalling what you ate last week.
    Some studies will mention their protocol for getting the eating calories - some have inaccuracy spelled all over it.

MFP or similar just increases chances of accuracy.

But just as paper and pencil as a tool can be used really well and correctly for this type of thing, MFP as tool can be used very poorly and cause problems too.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    So, in conclusion, any failure on their part, is due to the fact that they weren't on MFP.
    MFP or similar just increases chances of accuracy.

I was actually trying to be funny. :blushing:

I don't disagree with you.
  • rbienvenu
    Options
    The reason most folks gain all the weight back has a lot to do with motivation and the "whys" that a person has for losing weight. One can go through all kinds of dieting and such but without a lifestyle change and without changing the way you think and how you communicate with yourself the weight will come back on. It's the little voices in our head that usually says "I'm not good enough." or "I don't deserve to lose weight and feel good and look really good."

This all plays into it. Until a person gets a handle on that they will always have a struggle with weight. Take care of those beliefs and those voices and the weight will take care of itself. Exercise is a absolutely important to help change the mindset. You might want to try these fitness DVDs to help. YourFitnessFactor.com
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I think the explanation is a lot simpler than people are making it out to be.

IMO the reality is that a great many people are, at heart, comfortable being plump.

And that's fine - nothing wrong with it. But like Robin Williams said in that movie..."If you're going to be smoker, be a ****ing smoker."