Work Training for Week--help???

Options
Hey everyone!

So I'm doing great on eating, working out every night, and losing weight consistently.

Next week I'll be at work training in the Chicagoland area.

Breakfast is continental everyday.
Lunch provided by the hotel.
And every night, except one, will be eating out with the company.

Anyone have any suggestions to help me stay on track while I'm gone? Besides drinking a ton of water :-D I'd really appreciate it.

Replies

• KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    For breakfast if it is available choose cereal, fruit, whole wheat toast (my experience has been with a continental breakfast it can vary and some even offer eggs and bacon) I would call the hotel in advance and ask what they offer for continental breakfast and lunch. Eating out for dinner can be tricky if you do not know where you will be eating but I would order grilled items like chicken and fish, ask for steamed veggies or salad with the dressing on the side. Check with the hotel to see if they have a fitness room and if so ask what equipment they have. Get up a little early and hit the fitness room or take a brisk walk. Traveling is always a challenge and even harder if you do not have total control of where you will be eating. Take as much control as you can and plan in advance by doing your research. Have a great time!:flowerforyou:
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    hmmmm....do you have a fridge in your room? can you pack a small cooler and get ice from the hotel????if yes than i suggest that you BRING your own snacks: including fruit, pretzels, goldfish, yogurt, cheese sticks, veggies, cereal/protein/granola bars

breakfast can be oatmeal and fruit or cold cereal and fruit or yogurt and fruit...
    lunch - sandwiches and or salads would be best bet, condiments and/or dressing on the side
    dinner - you know what to have - grilled, baked, broiled fish or chicken or even steak....smaller portions of course (share a meal with a coworker or ask for a smaller portion)....steamed veggies, not potato or fries or rice....side salad w/dressing on side....skip bread, drinks and dessert....

drink water water water water.....
    try to get a walk in around the city every day...maybe first thing in the am, get up early....does the hotel have a gym/fitness center?? is there an amazing walking trail near the hotel??? do you have a dvd player in your room??? - bring an exercise DVD if there is....

just make the BEST choices you can...you know what to do, you just have to CHOOSE to DO IT!!!!

good luck, learn lots, have fun and stay the course....
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    They do have a workout center which I plan on hitting up every day I'm there so that helps. I just hate not having control over my diet and not being able to plan what I eat in advanced--I probably won't know where we're eating until the day of.

I also worry about all the salt.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    water water water....
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    I can see how it's frustrating especially if you're just starting to get a handle on your weight loss but would like to propose that you view the situation in a different light - always look at the positive.

I envy your opportunity to test all the great things you've learned about yourself, your body and how it processes food and you can challenge yourself to do the best you can. I think if you come out of it and don't succumb to bad habits, I think you will have earned the right to be very very proud of yourself. :smile:

It won't be easy, but if you can do this while eating out for a full week, then you can certainly do it at home. It'll be that extra piece of motivation when you're down in the dumps. :happy: