Weight loss over 60

Options
Just joined looking for females over 60 to help with the jouney

Replies

• knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm a female approaching 60 -- will that help?
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I think there's a thread in Motivation and Support for the 60 crowd. There's definitely one for the 50 crowd but we have some 60-something members.
  • Rosebriar
    Options
    Today is my 5th day. I am able to keep to the calories but I find that I'm over in the protein. I usually have carb and fats left too. I really haven't started exercise yet because of my hip and knees. Thinking when I lose weight I will be able to exercise
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    MFP's default settings for protein are pretty low IMO. I set my own to what I want them to be. I believe that our modern lifestyles call for a higher protein diet because we aren't out in the fields tilling the land so we don't really *need* quick energy as much as we need slow-burning, sustained energy. Plus, when you are dieting, you want more protein than normal as it helps to preserve lean muscle mass.
  • noramanzolillo
    Options
    HI There! I am joining just today. I am 53 years old, and have let myself get totally out of shape! At age 40, I had lost 50 lbs, and maintained the loss for over 5 years... Now... 5 years later, I have that 50 lbs. back! I see my daughter doing great with this forum and I am going to give it my best effort!:happy: :happy:
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Hi there:
    Yes you have another weight loss joiner who is 61 from Canada.
    I will help and support and be your friend.
    Shirley61:smile:
  • patinpa
    patinpa Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 67 and back for a second try. I tried this last year, lost for a while, and then I gave up and gained it back, plus. Today is my 3rd day. Any help would be appreciated.