Atkins

Options
13»

Replies

• skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    You're going to gain it back.

especially if you're gonna decide to not continue after the first 2 weeks (which sounds like a distinct possibility).

caloric deficit.
    caloric........deficit.
  • tamiesue2
    tamiesue2 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I am in the two week induction period of Atkins and I am not seeing what the bad vibe is about, I eat plenty of carbs, just healthy carbs. No breads, pasta, sugars, etc, the diet is based on meats, and veggies, then slowly adding in fruits and dairy. It is a great concept. There are four stages of the program, and while the induction stage is the strictest, it is not set up to be long term. Everyone must take responsibility for what they put into their bodies, if you are shoving fried, breaded foods down your throat, no matter what diet you are on, you are going to fail. The goal is to pick healthier foods over high sugar, high carb processed foods, in a calorie range that works for you, add healthy exercise and say hello to a healthier you. Most people who "stopped" doing something and gained weight generally are the ones, myself included, who stopped eating healthy, who quit exercising regularly. You cant pick up your bad habits and not expect to go back to where you started.
  • Kathryn41057
    Kathryn41057 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    WyrimoB.... you say now that you are doing a modified version of Atkins... can you tell me what you are doing differently? Kat
  • maryRNtobe
    Options
    I just wanted to pop in. I had some stressors occur in my life recently and faltered. Gained four lbs back by not following atkins religiously. Trying to get back on track and would appreciate some support
  • ChelleBalady
    Options
    Consult with your doctor.
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    You're going to gain it back.

From what I have seen from people that have tried it .. this is exactly what happens. Just seems like a lot of work for a lot of heartache in the end.

You gain back weight when you stop adhering to any diet. No diet is exempt from this.

That's silly, are you saying that people need to be on a diet of some form for their entire life?

I dropped over 20kg when I was 17-18. I am 26 now. I admit that weight started creeping back on in the last year because of a lot of factors coming together (started sedentary desk job, moved in with people who fed me too much pasta and bread, bad reactions to the pill, stress over building house, etc etc). But I managed to keep it off for about 8 years without sticking to any kind of diet.