what is your plan for keeping weight off this winter?

Options
124»

Replies

• SummerLovesPhil
    SummerLovesPhil Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    1) Try snowshoeing and skiing. We have the greatest snow on Earth, after all :happy:
    2) Remember that holidays are holiDAYS, not holiWEEKS or holiMONTHS. No baked good free-for-alls between Halloween and New Year! That goes for cocktails too, for that matter.
    3) Stick with my plan and my supportive friends
    4) Refrain from beating myself up too badly. Life is long--there's no need to lose it all today. I'll get there.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Uh, by doing what I've been doing all spring and summer. Why would I gain weight this winter, does food suddenly double its calories from October to February? Nothing has to change, just keep doing what you always do, and there'll be no problem.
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Biggest challenge for me will be getting through the holidays and try to stay somewhat on my eating plan. (Tough when you have all those family holiday meals and lots of tasty gifts keep on arriving.)

Glad my gym is less than a mile away and easy to get to even in the worst of weather.
  • ginamisa
    ginamisa Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My pedometer broke this past weekend but am planning to get a used fitbit one and am continuing to shoot to develop a more active lifestyle. :-) Right now am shooting for 10k steps atleast 4x a week...and am working to make that a daily habit to making it everyday 10k. I try to take a few breaks a day to walk the interior of 5 buildings of my campus... one go round is a about 2k steps...and then look for ways to add steps here and there... I have a very sedentary job... my baseline when I started looking at it... was less right around 800-900 steps in a day...very very sad... no wonder I tend to gain and have a hard time losing. Focusing on being more active right now and watching what I eat... mainly veggies, fruits and chicken or fish. Shooting to lose 30-50lbs this year.
  • featherbrained
    featherbrained Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya, winters are brutal, and I always gain. I love heat. I love to sweat. So I work my butt off outdoors 8 months of the year. Then winter hits. I get depressed. No gym access here in the boonies. Just cold. Grey. And below-zero windchills that will positively cut you in half. We don't usually get a lot of snow either. If we get anything, it's usually ice. And there's no working out (or driving for that matter) on ice!

It's an emotional set back for me though. And I'm going to try to change that this year. Usually I start new plans in the spring, so by winter, I'm burned out and failing, and don't have the will to try. This year, I'm starting out fresh, and I'm using the motivation of success to carry me through.

Unfortunately, on the days that are nice enough to get out, I have some sort of weird breathing problem, I dunno, maybe exercise induced asthma? The cold air hits my lungs and it's like they shrink, and I can't continue my walk/ride because I'm fighting to catch my breath between coughing spasms. I'm hoping taking the extra weight off will stop that from happening.

I think all your goals sound great.
  • KnitSewSpin
    KnitSewSpin Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I took the summer off from counting calories and I'm starting again, hoping to lose a lb per week this winter. I walk and do workout videos.