healthy weight to get knocked up

Options
Frankie_Felinius
Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
I am currently 5'3 and 208 or so, size 18 and want to try for another baby but not at the weight I am now. My goal weight is 150 (size 8) (which was what I was about when I got pregant in 2009). I want to have another baby before my daughter turns five (end of 2014). Should I get to the goal weight of 150 before getting pregnant or maybe start trying around 170 (size 12/14) or so? "Technically", a healthy bmi weight for me is 140 but seriously, 140 for my build is pretty extreme, I'm a super-curvy German chick with softball player thighs and a big rack. I've been there and it is torture to maintain that weight. At 150, I look smokin' and healthy but am "technically" overweight. At 170, I would be considered borderline obese, but if you saw me at 170, obese would not be the word you would use, overweight, sure, but I don't think obese.

Just wondering what the general opinions were on getting to goal weight or not before getting knocked up again! Especially if you have personal experience in this department! Thanks in advance.

Photos (in my profile) in case a visual would help - me as a blonde - 170, me in turquoise gown/holding a muskie - 150ish

Replies