Broken bones and weightloss

Options
I fell Sunday and broke my left ankle and right foot... How do I keep losing weight with these injuries? Im eating low carb and 1200 calories a day. Is it possible to lose weight without exercise? I cant weigh till I get my cast off in 6 weeks, so Im praying Im still losing weight, Any ideas?:smile:

Replies

• KateGifford
    KateGifford Posts: 2,398 Member
    Options
    The only thing needed for weight loss is a caloric deficit. so yes, you can still lose weight. I feel ya, though. I have tendonitis in both of my ankles right now, so I haven't been able to go to the gym at all this past week. I'm so frustrated over it!
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is 90% your diet so it is totally possible.
  • PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about the break! I hope it heals quickly!

Yes! You most definitely can lose that weight, in fact, your diet is KEY to weight loss! Use this time to make REALLY good choices and you'll be amazed at what happens! :)
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I don't exercise one bit. I've lost 11 pounds so far, since September 1. Get well soon! :drinker:
  • LisaGNV
    LisaGNV Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    It can be done. I broke my hip last year and was restricted from any type of cardio & weight training from the waist down for the first 90 days - then could only swim/bike for 90 days after that. I was diligent with my food intake (clean eater) and didn't see any gains. The loss slowed down - plateaued for a while - but I was pleased that I was able to maintain.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Make sure you get enough calcium, vitamin D and protein to heal quickly. Best wishes and ditto what other posters are saying it can be done.