Advice for early morning run

Options
2»

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have advice for getting out of bed at 4:30am to get in an early morning run?

This is going to sound so trivial to some but...

....nice running clothes. Weather-appropriate. Seriously, slipping into quality Under Armour or Nike or whatever purpose-made, warmth-retaining but moisture-wicking, waterproof yet breathable running gear is a real treat and definitely helps the motivation level.

And put down the mouse and remote earlier the evening before. Go to bed earlier, and you'll naturally wake up earlier.
  • arlangsner
    Options
    So Monday and Tuesday have gone great. I followed most of the advice on here, laying out my running clothes the night before, going to bed early, having the coffee ready and I even left an encouraging note next to my alarm clock. Also, my SO promised to cook me dinner if I can do it all 5 days.

Another thing that is helping is some friends are tracking me on FB with my MapMyRun updates to see if I am really doing it.

With all this it almost seems easy. I'm looking forward to finishing out the week. I'll keep you posted!

Thanks for the great advice and support.
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're finding the routine. I have to get up anywhere from 4am - 5am depending on the distance of the run (tomorrow I'm shooting for 4am so I can squeeze in a 10miler I skipped last weekend).

Keeping the running gear out and ready is crucial. After doing it for a few weeks, I find I'm often up before the alarm clock - even on my rest days (which is rather annoying LOL).
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    So Monday and Tuesday have gone great. I followed most of the advice on here, laying out my running clothes the night before, going to bed early, having the coffee ready and I even left an encouraging note next to my alarm clock. Also, my SO promised to cook me dinner if I can do it all 5 days.

Another thing that is helping is some friends are tracking me on FB with my MapMyRun updates to see if I am really doing it.

With all this it almost seems easy. I'm looking forward to finishing out the week. I'll keep you posted!

Thanks for the great advice and support.

Awesome! :))
  • arlangsner
    Options
    I managed to run all 5 days this week including only 4 hours of sleep Thursday night! Thanks everyone for the advice and encouragement. I would have been completely lost without this forum and never would have made it. Running is a great start to the day and I found that I was happier and more clear headed all week. Here's to keeping up the routine! :)

Thanks again!
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    I managed to run all 5 days this week including only 4 hours of sleep Thursday night! Thanks everyone for the advice and encouragement. I would have been completely lost without this forum and never would have made it. Running is a great start to the day and I found that I was happier and more clear headed all week. Here's to keeping up the routine! :)

Thanks again!

\0/ for running all 5 days. :)) :drinker: Here's to another week of success!
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options

Thanks again!

:flowerforyou: Am especially delighted, having read your update, that you're finding your run especially encouraging and uplifting; Your psyche-in.