The Bacon Dilema

Options
jendraka
jendraka Posts: 117 Member
You have just 3 slices of bacon left in the house. You go to make a nice BLT sandwich. Just as you go to transfer your bacon to your bread you horrifyingly drop one slice on the floor. You snatch it up before it is there for even a second or two. Now, do you:

a) Throw it away, it was on floor, and go ahead and make your BLT with only 2 slices of bacon. As sad as it may be.

Or

b) Wash off that bad boy in scalding hot water and use it anyway because...it's frickin bacon man are you kidding?

:smile:

Replies

• LoudmouthLee
    Options
    It's fried to hell anyway.

Let's eat.
  • la8ydi
    la8ydi Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Eat that bad boy!!!! Otherwise it would be a crime!!!!
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Great, 10:20 at night and now I'm CRAVING a BLT... I must go find bacon.
  • ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    The bigger crime is that there is only 3 pieces of bacon in the house...
  • hopperem
    hopperem Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Six second rule? If it hasn't been on the floor for over six seconds - eat it!
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I don't even eat bacon and I'd use that shiz... Probably wouldn't even rinse it off... I'm dirty like that
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Give it to the dog ... But I'm kind of OCD like that ...
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    unless your kitchen floor is really dirty, then it's not going to be possible for enough harmful bacteria to get on it to make you ill, if you eat it right away. If you drop it on the floor and leave it at room temperature for a couple of hours, then it might make you ill (I said might, kind of russian roulette with bacteria), but the same is true if you sneeze on it then leave it at room temperature for a long time. If you clean the floor daily, and no-one's walked on the floor with dog poo or similar on their shoes, and no-one's pood or vomited on it (i.e. since the last time you cleaned it in a decent floor cleaner) or dropped raw meat on it, or died of bubonic plague on it or anything else that might have contaminated your kitchen floor, then you'll be fine. Also, if you drop it on the ground outdoors, the same, so long as there's no poo where you dropped it. Even herbivore poo probably won't make you ill. It's carnivore and omnivore poo you have to be careful of.

That said, it's probably best to err on the side of caution seeing as gastroenteritis isn't much fun. But hot bacon on a clean floor for a second or two is highly unlikely to make anyone ill. (I wouldn't accept that from a restaurant though, because if they're lax about anything, they're probably lax about anything else as well, but at home in your kitchen when you know your hygiene is good it's a different matter)
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    It would be caught in mid-fall by the trio of moochers hovering nearby :\
  • jendraka
    jendraka Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I don't even eat bacon and I'd use that shiz... Probably wouldn't even rinse it off... I'm dirty like that

This was prompted by what just happened to my lunch. Believe me, in the case of it falling on a kitchen rug you'd want to rinse it, unless you enjoy the taste of fuzzies. :p In that case, chow down.
  • FUELERDUDE
    FUELERDUDE Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I keep my house clean, that bad boy is being rinsed off and then going down the gullet!
  • mrsduke2924
    mrsduke2924 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    3 second rule in our house!
    rinse, dry, fry - then mmmmmmmm

:smile:
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options

This was prompted by what just happened to my lunch. Believe me, in the case of it falling on a kitchen rug you'd want to rinse it, unless you enjoy the taste of fuzzies. :p In that case, chow down.

Meh- dust it/blow it off... I keep my house clean enough.. Might just have to pick a few pieces of cat hair off. I dropped my hamburger patty the other night... Was not waiting while another cooked.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Give the floor bacon to the dog and just fry an egg to add to the remaining bacon ..nom nom
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Unless you live in a biohazard house, wash that bad boy, it's going to get a lot of "cleaning" from the heat.
  • samammay
    samammay Posts: 468
    Options
    Am I the only one that is considering licking the floor where it landed just to get the extra bacon grease?
  • DublinDanny
    Options
    No dilemma, never a dilemma, always eat the bacon!
  • jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    sticker,375x360.u1.png
  • mrsduke2924
    mrsduke2924 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that is considering licking the floor where it landed just to get the extra bacon grease?

you, I like
    :flowerforyou:
  • hulahoopmama
    hulahoopmama Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    i throw it back in the pan to burn it clean then eat away!