Anyone in here take pole dancing lessons?

Options
I really wanna get into that. I do not want to be a stripper/exotic dance (not that there is anything wrong with that IMO) however I do want to learn because it is an amazing workout, you have to have a super strong core to be able to do some of the things those women can do and DUH it is sexy I mean c'mon!! So anyone ?

Replies

• Jessicahanzlik
    Jessicahanzlik Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I was a stripper for 2 weeks, and it's really fun being on the pole! :) (I left because...well that kind of **** isn't for me) NEVER WEAR FISHNET STOCKINGS, it won't let you grip the pole correctly. You use a lot of leg work to hold on
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    I really wanna get into that. I do not want to be a stripper/exotic dance (not that there is anything wrong with that IMO) however I do want to learn because it is an amazing workout, you have to have a super strong core to be able to do some of the things those women can do and DUH it is sexy I mean c'mon!! So anyone ?

Recommend you have a look-see here for starters: http://uspoledance.com/?page_id=582

:flowerforyou: Have fun!
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I would, by the nice little town I live in doesn't offer such kinds of activities :tongue:
  • LivvieO
    LivvieO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I actually took pole dancing (aka pole fit) classes and loved it. I did it through aradia fitness and they were professional and really good. When you fell others that you're doing pole dancing, there's an automatic assumption that you're into 'stripping'. Honestly in my 4 months taking the classes twice weekly, not once was there any reference to stripping or strippers. The classes very seductive and increased your confidence in your sexuality without being raunchy or crude. They thought you how to walk seductively, move seductively and of course various moves on the poles. I absolutely loved, loved, loved pole dancing and quite frankly miss the classes because of my rotating work schedule. It's a fantastic core and upper body workout. Don't be afraid to try the class but do be prepared for the standard " why are you doing pole dancing, do you want to be a stripper" question.
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    If anyone is dumb enough to ask the question, tell them "Yes, ever since I was a little girl.". You can't cure Stupid!