Try doing this every day

Options
Walk 7000 steps or 1.6 miles
Do 200-450 sit-ups (if you don't do this already try will 50-100 and work your way up)
Do 10-20 push-ups
Drink 5 8 oz glasses of water
Run for 5 minutes (don't over do your run take a break and take it slow)
Try jumping jacks
Walk up and down a hill twice 10 minutes after meals (if you don't have a hill walk for 10 minutes)
No Food at or after bedtime (No soda as well you should drink water at bedtime)
Play outside for 30 minutes (doing anything)
Eat less sodium (working on it myself)
Do boxing for 10 minutes (if you have a Wii you know what i mean. if you don't just try doing the motions)

I want to now your feed back on this so please if you want to join in just say i am in. Also i am try this myself so we can begin together and if you don't mind i would like to know how this works for you and if you did all the things on the list for the day
and maybe if you would like to share what you missed for the day. But that is all up to you if you want to post it or but if you do we can work on it together. Okay will that's about. Go Go!!

Replies

• PaigeG
    PaigeG Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on sticking with it. I like how you have set yourself mini goals instead of a big number to achieve. That will help you stay on track and not feel overwhelmed. Just wanted to pat you on the back and say "Good Job."
  • CinthiaF
    CinthiaF Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Thank you PaigeG :happy: . I am working on all this myself if you would like to join please do
  • calorie712
    Options
    First of all great job on staying active! I just want to comment on those sit-ups, why so many? You could do some pilates and have just as good a workout in less time. Check out stomach exercises doing pilates and use the time you would have spent on those sit-ups on doing some cardio so you can burn fat and make those rock hard abs show through. just my 2 cents
  • CinthiaF
    Options
    thank you i will look that up. You have any suggestion on a site to find them on??
  • CinthiaF
    Options
    Well it was worth a try to get people to join in. :embarassed: :ohwell:
  • CinthiaF
    Options
    What i have done today:

Walked 4493 an 1 mile
    Did 450 sit-ups
    Did 15 push ups
    Drank 2 24 oz bottles of water
    Ran for 5 minutes
    Had now pure sugar stuff (Like Icing)
    Did not do jumping jack (Because was kinda busy today)
    Walked 1h 5m after breakfast and lunch
    Well post tomorrow about the bedtime food(that is because i dont know til the next day if a ate any food at or after bed)
    Did not get to play outside with young un
    Did ok with the sodium only 2 over
    Bowed 10m
  • CinthiaF
    Options
    Did not eat anything after bedtime last night Woo Hoo!!
  • calorie712
    Options
    great job!
  • CinthiaF
    Options
    Thank you
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I would agree. Wonderful thing you're doing cinthia, just be aware of the sit-ups thing. Even if you do them correctly, doing that many sit-ups daily is not good for your back.

Better to do between 15 and 40 crunches with a good 3 to 5 second hold at the top.
  • CinthiaF
    Options
    i have been doing 100-150 now. But will try that soon. Thank you for the advice