Peas and Corn

Options
I have recently added " peas and corn" to my meals.
I am wondering if they are good for you in that combination.
Frozen corn with frozen peas, boiled, drained with a pinch of salt and a bit of butter.
Its sooo good.:love:
Is it okay for a snack or part of a meal?:blushing:

Replies

• MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I personally don't eat corn anymore, as I'm diabetic and don't need the extra carbs (aside from an ear or two roasted over some coals in the summer), and peas are the devil.
    However, in my experience*, corn can help if you're feeling a little constipated.

*corn makes me poo
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Any food is good for you but I think they are more high calore than say brocolli or caulifower but if it fits in you calories then yes they are ok. Do not eat too low cal.. it'll bite you in the butt later.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I love peas and corn. Borderline diabetic, so I can't eat corn often, but I do like it. Sounds great.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I think peas and corn sounds yummy ... so go for it.
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I eat both of them and have lost 63 lbs., so go for it! As a matter of fact, I had about a cup of peas yesterday or the day before. I was craving them for some reason. There are many worse items than those vegetables that you could be eating instead.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    um.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    See, I hate Dr Oz and I hate magazines, ads, and all media geared toward women about food and weight loss. Why? All foods either have some magical property that will melt fat and give you_______. (Celebrity name)'s toned belly, or else the food (whatever food they choose that day) will be the reason for the fat epidemic and the bane of human existence.

Eggs. Fats. Carbs. Pizza. Potatoes. Rice.

Ask yourself: Do you really think peas and carrots are okay to eat?
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Are you asking if peas and corn mixed together is "good"? It's no different than having them in separate piles on your plate....or am I missing something?
  • Cranquistador
    Options
    Are you asking if peas and corn mixed together is "good"? It's no different than having them in separate piles on your plate....or am I missing something?
    everyone knows it has to be peas and carrots.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Peas are awful. They are a greedy carby vegetable that stimulates greedy fat cells. And everyone knows carbs for dinner makes you fat.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Peas are okay.

But WITH corn? You gonna die. Everybody knows that combination causes in instantaneous weight gain.....followed by a painful, agonizing death.

Says so right on the label
  • Cranquistador
    Options
    Peas are okay.

But WITH corn? You gonna die. Everybody knows that combination causes in instantaneous weight gain.....followed by a painful, agonizing death.

Says so right on the label
    where is your costume?
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    See, I hate Dr Oz and I hate magazines, ads, and all media geared toward women about food and weight loss. Why? All foods either have some magical property that will melt fat and give you_______. (Celebrity name)'s toned belly, or else the food (whatever food they choose that day) will be the reason for the fat epidemic and the bane of human existence.

Eggs. Fats. Carbs. Pizza. Potatoes. Rice.

Ask yourself: Do you really think peas and carrots are okay to eat?

I heard peas and carrots were poisonous.
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Where is everyone getting peas and carrots from? It's peas and corn!
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options

I'm not asking about a specific combination, I'm just asking in general , are they healthy?
  • ambernik86
    Options
    I had Peas and Corn tonight for dinner. I love the combo! The corn is a more starchy vegetable. I figure any vegetable is better than some greasy fried food I would normally have.
  • losing4799
    Options
    sounds yummy.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

I'm not asking about a specific combination, I'm just asking in general , are they healthy?

No, they are dead. If they were healthy and growing they wouldn't be frozen or cooked. If I cooked you, you wouldn't be healthy.
    But you might go nicely with a chianti.
  • Ithina1
    Ithina1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Are vegetables healthy? Really?
    It's hard to find a vegetable that isn't healthy.

I personally prefer peas with carrots.