Who began to EAT MORE and lost weight ?

Options
13»

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I hit a plateau for 2 years.

I upped my calories from 1000-1200 to 1500-2000 and added in a weight lifting program and scaled back how much cardio i was doing. Accidentally lost 15 pounds more than my goal weight, but that's not the best part, now i have the body i THOUGHT i would have with a 1200 calories diet + hours and hours of cardio. Turned out I wasnt balanced at all. Needed more food, (more protein to be specific), needed to balance the three kinds of exercise equally (flex/cardio/strength) and get proper rest and muscle care.

Just dieting and cardioing to death made my formerly fat body pretty ugly. Adding in more food and picking up weights gave me the body I have now - and im really excited to see where I level up next.

It doesnt work for everyone, but for some of us, its the holy grail of getting fit solutions.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Just dieting and cardioing to death made my formerly fat body pretty ugly. Adding in more food and picking up weights gave me the body I have now - and im really excited to see where I level up next.

It doesnt work for everyone, but for some of us, its the holy grail of getting fit solutions.

^^ This is great! :drinker:
  • Kymwho
    Kymwho Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • haymancm
    haymancm Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Without looking @ your diary, I can't tell too much. But, here are some options:
    1) You are eating too many calories with the workouts you are doing, not creating a big enough deficit.
    2) Not eating enough veggies & salads (bunny food)/potassium to offset your sodium intake with water retention.
    3) You are recording too many calories burned, not actual. Wear a heart rate monitor during your workouts.
    4) Not drinking enough water. Your water should be 1/2 (if not more) than your body weight in oz. To keep from being hungry all the time, up your protein. That too should be 1/2 your body weight in grams.
    5) You have sore muscles from your workouts.

Regardless of what others think, I weigh myself daily to make sure I'm on track with what I'm eating, workouts, etc. It has worked for me the last 7 months. If something is not working, eat less, have a cheat meal, workout more, etc. Play with the numbers & see what works best for you...everybody is different. For my personal diary, I have my starting calories under 1200 to match the 2 lbs/week loss @ my weight, but I eat back almost all my workout calories of about 700/day. I eat about 1500 calories a day.

Add me if you'd like. :)