Logging Spices

Options
13»

Replies

• mheebner
    mheebner Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    If you want to log the calories from spices so be it, but I think walking to your spice cabinet, pulling out the spice, walking to your stove and sprinkling it in will burn off the amount of calories you are adding to the dish. :wink:
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    It strikes me that this is well into spurious accuracy territory to be honest. The only way this becomes meaningful is if energy expenditure throughout the day is very accurately understood.
    ^This. Everything is an estimate, your TDEE, the calories written on the back of a box, the calories your HRM tells you that you burn, the accuracy of your kitchen scale, etc.
  • 130annie
    130annie Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Hishtagat, the OP said that it WAS tedious. Which is why we're all recommending that it can be ignored.

If you want to go for as accuate as you can, and you DON'T find it a chore, that's great. But it doesn't really help the OP. And it's not compulsory.

This has nothing to do with spices......Melanie...I admire your stay with it ness....Well done....You have on here a long time!