Calories

Theweebarrell
Theweebarrell Posts: 100 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi i have been allocated 1200 calories by mfp , but when i exercise the amount available for the day go up. SHould i eat all the calories or just 1200 leaving an outstanding amount ?

Thanks

Replies

• If you wanna lose, you should not eat the burned calories. If you are maintaining, you could eat some of them but I wouldn't eat them all. To me, that would defeat your purpose. :drinker:
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Hi i have been allocated 1200 calories by mfp , but when i exercise the amount available for the day go up. SHould i eat all the calories or just 1200 leaving an outstanding amount ?

Thanks

Some people eat all of them, some eat some of them, others do not eat them at all.

The most I have gone into those exercise calories is around 100. On the whole I do not touch them and no, I haven't gone into starvation mode either :wink:
  • irchrismm
    irchrismm Posts: 95 Member
    The calorie count is set based off of how fast you want to lose the weight. Keep in mind that anything under 1400 calories a day will cause muscle loss as well as your body literally will consume itself for energy. If you workout, you need to be able to fuel the workout. The food you eat gets converted to a quick fuel that your body needs for the workout, and to sustain energy throughout the day. Fat loss is a slow process. You didn't get it overnight, and you can't healthily lose it fast either. If you don't fuel your body to handle its day to day tasks, you will begin to feel run down, and your body goes into starvation mode, and your metabolism drops like a rock. For me as example I do P90X..I burn a lot of calories per workout. when I started, I was getting tired way to fast..1. because I am way out of shape, and 2. I was not fueling my body properly. After a few days of following the diet, and upping my calories, I have found not only do I handle the workouts better, but I am energized through out the day. I don't drink coffee or soda's any more, and I'm never tired all day. Plus more importantly , I am losing fat, and gaining muscle. Clothes are starting to fit better. I'm only on week 2, and I have more energy now than I have had in a very long time. It is natural for us to want to keep cutting more stuff out, but you end up taking out what your body needs to sustain itself through the day, and you only end up hurting yourself in the long run.
This discussion has been closed.