will this affect me?

Options
To make a long story short, the past 2 days have not been so good for me. Both days I had a binge on foods that are healthier than most (dark c.c. cookies, nothing hydrogenated), but still they were 150 cals. each. So the first day was ok because I made up the binge in exercising it off. The second day was worse. I started out ok, and I ate as I usually do. (I usually eat everything 3 hours.) I had a good breakfast and lunch, but at snack time I had a binge of 900 calories. This happened at around 2:30 pm. When I logged it in, I was in shock! Anyways, I had exercised alot that day but still was a little over. I had planned on eating dinner that night, but I ended up going to the hospital to see my grandma. It was around dinner time and my brother stopped at Burger King, but all I got was a bottle of water. I never eat at fast food and it makes me sick, so I didnt eat. I didnt eat the whole rest of that night. I know that if you do not eat every few hours your body goes into starvation mode and so I was wondering if the next morning when I eat, will my body save those calories as fat? Its almost the same thing as when you go to sleep, you dont eat for about 8 hours. I had not eaten since my binge at 2:30, and b/c I didnt eat dinner, I was under in calories.So what was my body thinking when I didnt eat the rest of the night? Did it affect me?

Replies

• lk14040
    lk14040 Posts: 90
    Options
    To make a long story short, the past 2 days have not been so good for me. Both days I had a binge on foods that are healthier than most (dark c.c. cookies, nothing hydrogenated), but still they were 150 cals. each. So the first day was ok because I made up the binge in exercising it off. The second day was worse. I started out ok, and I ate as I usually do. (I usually eat everything 3 hours.) I had a good breakfast and lunch, but at snack time I had a binge of 900 calories. This happened at around 2:30 pm. When I logged it in, I was in shock! Anyways, I had exercised alot that day but still was a little over. I had planned on eating dinner that night, but I ended up going to the hospital to see my grandma. It was around dinner time and my brother stopped at Burger King, but all I got was a bottle of water. I never eat at fast food and it makes me sick, so I didnt eat. I didnt eat the whole rest of that night. I know that if you do not eat every few hours your body goes into starvation mode and so I was wondering if the next morning when I eat, will my body save those calories as fat? Its almost the same thing as when you go to sleep, you dont eat for about 8 hours. I had not eaten since my binge at 2:30, and b/c I didnt eat dinner, I was under in calories.So what was my body thinking when I didnt eat the rest of the night? Did it affect me?
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Starvation mode, as I understand it, isn't a switch that will happen overnight. It takes days of being consistantly underfed to really set it off. As for the binge, don't worry about it too much. Obviously you don't want it to happen, but every now and then we all have our cheat days. Remember, it takes 3500 calories to come out to a lb of fat. To quote Finding Nemo, "just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

You'll be fine!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I'm so cool, I posted twice, for some reason???? :embarassed:
  • ligytha
    ligytha Posts: 130
    Options
    Just try to eat more regularly tomorrow. I work in a laboratory and I often run experiments for a long time that I cannot leave alone. Since you can't eat in a lab, I often miss a snack/meal. I just eat it as soon as I can and space the rest of the day's snacks/meals out. Two days of wonky eating aren't going to have any appretiable effect.