Ideas for Spinach?

Options
13»

Replies

• g2214n
    g2214n Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    How about few handfuls of fresh spinach, bunch of basil, cup of extra virgin olive oil, 50 g of pine nuts, 50g of parmigiano reggiano(may be more) squeeze of lemon and pinch of salt - blitz and have dressing - for salads, spoonful to your soup, over chicken/fish, mixed in with grilled veg or as a spread over sandwich??
    Also you may consider to incorporate lentils/soy beans/ sesame seeds(tahini) dried fruits(figs/prunes) liver(pate).
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    How about few handfuls of fresh spinach, bunch of basil, cup of extra virgin olive oil, 50 g of pine nuts, 50g of parmigiano reggiano(may be more) squeeze of lemon and pinch of salt - blitz and have dressing - for salads, spoonful to your soup, over chicken/fish, mixed in with grilled veg or as a spread over sandwich??
    Also you may consider to incorporate lentils/soy beans/ sesame seeds(tahini) dried fruits(figs/prunes) liver(pate).

Use less olive oil, take out the pine nuts, add lots of tomato, thyme and oregano to the mix and this is a great spaghetti sauce. Put it over spaghetti squash ans serve with homemade meatballs, but DO NOT tell my kids about the spaghetti squash OR the spinach or I'll never speak to you again.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    one of my favorite salads is fresh spinach with some craisins and feta cheese, and honey mustard dressing.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    one of my favorite salads is fresh spinach with some craisins and feta cheese, and honey mustard dressing.

Oooh, I have to try that. My fave is spinach, watermelon, feta and balsamic and I think yours has the same kinda flavor thing going on. Sweet & tangy and what not.
  • k8mcminn
    k8mcminn Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Put a bag of baby spinach in a microwave safe bowl, add a tsp of grated fresh ginger, a shredded carrot, one clove of crushed garlic and a dash of sesame oil.Cover and zap for 2 minutes on high until just wilted.
  • ra1williamson
    ra1williamson Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    spaghetti, lasagna, alfredo,pizza.
  • Ackbersingh
    Ackbersingh Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks for letting us know about Skinny Taste.com ????
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I add it to smoothies, eggs, soups, salads (obviously), sautee it with a bit of garlic and olive oil. It's delicious!
  • angie007az
    angie007az Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I love it in salads or just steamed. Great ideas everyone.