when you eat most of your calories by lunch time?

2»

Replies

• joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    I myself would eat a decent dinner, log it, and move on :smile:

This ^^^
    Expecting to be perfect all the time is a futile endeavor. Eat a good dinner and then keep going. :smile:

this ^^
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    A few cals over won't hurt. The calories it says to eat on MFP are just a guide as you cannot be 100% sure what you need to eat unless you have lots of scientific tests. Go over today, and work out another day to balance it out. It'll do your metabolism good to have a high day anyway.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,745 Member
    I'm going to put in another vote for logging it and putting it down to experience. If it was me, and I had time, I would work out a bit (usually a walk or get the bike out) then have a light dinner, and then accept that after all that the number may still be red and that tomorrow is a new day.

What I would NOT do is skip dinner or have an insufficient dinner. It could break your whole diet. As others have said, reduce the carbs, up the veg, it should be fine. 200cal plus a short workout should allow you something decent for dinner as long as you watch the carbs - the number may be red but it hopefully won't be too high. This whole thing is a learning curve and you will make mistakes.

I think eggs are magic for this sort of situation, relatively low calorie and really fill you up. Or a soup with lots of pulses and veg in it.
  • ImRemko
    ImRemko Posts: 34 Member
    What do you do when you eat almost all of your calories by lunch time? I was doing great for three days spreading my calories out until dinner but today all I have in my house is peanutbutter so of course I ate almost all my calories in one sitting :/ I'm mad because I know by dinner or worse, in the middle of the night I will wake up starving. I work soon so I cant really work out now. Any tips?
    Eat a lean as possible dinner, acknowledge you made a small mistake in planning and learn from it :)
    Plan ahead. Personally I log my food right before I'm about to eat it, so I can correct myself in advance. I never overeat unless I chose to do so in advance.
    Just make sure you've got enough food choices in your house the next time and you'll be fine, don't worry!
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    I'm going to add one more thing - Try NOT to make exercise a punishment for eating. It's a vicious cycle that has no beginning and no end.

Exercise to feel better and improve you body's ability to live strong. Don't fall into the trap of exercising to eat more or work off what you did eat.
  • BeckyMBisMe
    BeckyMBisMe Posts: 215 Member
    take this as if it's from an auntie: honey, you sound like you are the perfect weight to me, what are you stressing about? eat healthy, exercise daily, and you will be fine!

http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm
  • theycallyoumister
    theycallyoumister Posts: 222 Member
    Ahhhh! Stay busy and distracted in the morning to stall the need to consume :smile:
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    So if your goal is to lose a .5 lb/week you are probably set on about a 250 cal defecit. You have 200 cals left to go. I would work out (allowing you another 200ish cals) which makes 400. Even if you go over that by 250, worst case scenario you're at maintenance for the day so really if you have a decent workout you can afford 650 cals without being REALLY over, which is plenty. Does that make sense?

Like others said, I'd squeeze in a workout, have a light dinner, and if you go 100ish calories over it's not a big deal. Try to do better tomorrow.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    My physician and endocrinologist both recommend eating the bulk of my calories earlier in the day. I eat a larger breakfast, a small lunch, and a light dinner. If I'm hungry before I go to bed, I'll have something small, like a small apple or one of those 100-calorie snack packs.
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    nomorebingesgirl2014 Posts: 378 Member
    Bump