P90X?

Options
Hey everyone!

I am starting the P90X plan on Monday as soon as I get all the proper equipment and all the correct food for the nutrition plan!
I know it's going to be suuuuuuper hard and I am still a big girl but I do have a lot of stamina!

Anyone have any experiences with this that they'd like to share? :)

-Rachel

Replies

• khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    Tons of people have done it, including myself last year to get in shape for my wedding. Unfortunatley I fell completely off the wagon at the end of last year and am just climbing back on. I started my P90X again yesterday!! We can do it together!!!! :)
  • mariabee
    mariabee Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm starting again tonight, so "friend" me if you want and we can keep our progress going. I sometimes need someone pushing me, or reminding me to get going.
  • trice
    trice Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    There are tons of people here that have or are doing it...myself included. I'm on Week 3. The hardest part I've found in the first phase is the diet. 50% protein calories is tough to do especially with low fat intake at 20%. If you can stick to this, it'll work. This program pushes you, gets your heart rate up, speeds up your metabolism, and changes your body to focus on protein for energy similar to Adkins but not as drastic and unhealthy. The diet is 80% of the program but the workouts are tough and flexible too.
  • Mommy2Kenzie
    Mommy2Kenzie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about trying it, because I have a friend that did it and she looks GREAT! Not only did she lose weight, but she really toned up. The only thing its expensive, and I dunno if I wanna spend the money on it??? Let me know how it goes...I am gonna befriend you so I can watch your journey with it!!!!
  • Gully68
    Gully68 Posts: 4
    Options
    Rachel - Congrats! I just started a week ago. It's great.

My best tip is: don't under-eat. They mention it in the guidebook - and they're not kidding; it's surprisingly easy to NOT eat enough calories - when you aren't eating pizza, doughnuts, or other calorie bombs. Today's my first day on MFP - which I signed-up for because I realized I had no real idea how much nutrition I am/am not getting. I was shocked to realize that - after eating 2 meals and a snack - I'd only hit about 1/3 of my daily nutritional requirements.

So, if you're sticking to healthy foods, MFP should be a great tool for you - I know it's made it very clear to me why I've been "bonking" about every third P90X workout! ("Bonking", if you haven't read the book yet, is when you are under-fueled and your body runs out of juice before it should. It's actually a good analogy - because it feels just like when a car runs out of gas: *shutter* *splutter* *fizzzzzzzzz*)

Good luck!!

~Rob
  • ccaruso219
    Options
    I'm with Rob on this.....Make sure you eat....It will look like you are taking in alot, but trust me you will need it. I'm on Day 10, just finished cardio. If you can't do something the way they are doing it, modify it. They will show you how. As long as you keep moving and try to do it, you'll be fine......
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    I was thinking about trying it, because I have a friend that did it and she looks GREAT! Not only did she lose weight, but she really toned up. The only thing its expensive, and I dunno if I wanna spend the money on it??? Let me know how it goes...I am gonna befriend you so I can watch your journey with it!!!!

Try Ebay, Amazon, and other sites that sell it. I got Insanity for 65.00 on EBAY (no bootleg - factory sealed - seller had 100% positive rating...so this person had to be working for beachbody in order to have loads of it in stock).

I almost got P90X because I heard good stuff about it and my husband wanted it but than I found out about Insanity. Tougher than P90X (from what I heard) and you get results in 60 days vs 90. For about 3 weeks I was ify if I wanted to dish out the money but I'm glad I did. Check out my results either from my blog or photos.

It's only after one month & not following the food guide (really picky w/ food so I'm still in that learning process & experimenting w/ food)

Either way both programs seem to be truly awesome! So I say go for it!

I was going to build up my fitness level before getting Insanity but after a major breakdown doing a Jillian Micheal's dvd series I said screw you and your tiny body & turn to Shaun T. I have hip hop abs (but didn't follow through) & I like how he is as a fitness instructor. Another reason why I got insanity is because I noticed I was missing a hip hop abs dvd lol
  • xarchie1980x
    xarchie1980x Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    plz add me as a friend if anyone want to do p90x together and keep each other motivated..i started on 8/6..and today was my 6th day of week 1

kempo x is crazzy!!! :)
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    plz add me as a friend if anyone want to do p90x together and keep each other motivated..i started on 8/6..and today was my 6th day of week 1

kempo x is crazzy!!! :)

Awesome..but if you started on the 6th and today is the 10th...how did you get to day 6 already?? I really want to know how you got 2 extra days since I can never get enough done in a 7 day week! :) LOL
  • angihelton
    Options
    I've got it Ashley. We'll see what I can do ;O)
  • gchick64
    gchick64 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    i just started yesterday, good luck!!! hope i can make it through :)
  • irchrismm
    irchrismm Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Im on Day 10. Im going Lean my first time thru since I have so much to loose. I will likely be going at least 3 if not 4 rounds..So I'll be here a while. Anybody feel free to add me.
  • tim_fitbuilt4life
    tim_fitbuilt4life Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    This is the beginning of my third week on P90X Classic and I have lost 9.5 lbs ever since I started. I don't really follow the diet off of the book but I have established my own diet (i.e., no table sugars, processed foods, soft drinks, fatty oils etc). I drink plenty of water and I push myself through every workout. My body fat went from 30% to 21.9%.
  • RaeBella13
    RaeBella13 Posts: 153
    Options
    Thanks for all the insight guys!
    I am super excited to start, and plan on following the nutrition plan too!
    My sister, my friend, and myself are all starting on Monday when we all have the "supplies" to start together!
    I'll post updates :)

Make it a grrrrrreat day!!! :glasses:

:heart: Rachel
  • mariabee
    mariabee Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it's worth the money. I think I dry-heaved a little when I bought P90X at first :noway: , but I bought it from Walmart knowing that if I hated it or didn't use it I could return it. Then I discovered I used this video more than any other I've bought or borrowed in the past. You can always get a copy from Ebay or Craigslist too, save you a few bucks. Good luck!
  • gchick64
    gchick64 Posts: 73 Member
    Options

why not ask your friend that did it if you could maybe borrow hers. we currently are borrowing our from my boyfriends parents :)
  • proctor0828
    Options
    I LOVE P90X!! I did it and got really in-shape. Unfortunitly, I had a hard time getting back to it when I got back from vacation. But I'm back, I'm doing my elliptical and the "stretch" of p90x this week and then next week I am starting p90x again.
  • unocentavo
    unocentavo Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I tried it about a year ago. It's a good intermediate-advanced program. I wouldn't recommend it to a beginner. I actually did a review about it on my personal blog: http://realfitness4realpeople.blogspot.com/2009/10/p90x-workout-system-reviews.html

If you don't like going to the gym, this is a good program, good nutrition guide. If you haven't purchased it yet, I'd recommend reading my review. It is a very tough program and really works if you stick with it. I prefer the gym but thats only my opinion. Good luck!
  • xarchie1980x
    xarchie1980x Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    khskr1...sorry for the typo..i started on 8/5, and today was my 7th day...did X-stretch today :)

Sent u a friend reuqest too...need loads of motivation and motivators to keep going! =)
  • Timeyobanda
    Timeyobanda Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am new here also and am actually on day 11. I hope to meet some of you P90xers here online and follow your progress.

Is there any need to add some running to the program or is it self sufficient?