How much do you burn chasing 3 toddlers?

Well I normally go to the gym in the mornings dropping my 2 year old off at the gym day care(thank goodness for these day cares). However my little sister is on bed rest with her third baby and she already has a 1 and 2 year old and her hubby works out of state during the week. So no gym for me for the next couple weeks....I have to help her as much as she needs me.......I tried to go at nights a couple times....but I am so tired by the time I have time to go. So I chase around and lift all three babies all day. I wonder how many calories I am burning doing this. (I think I will do two classes at the gym Saturday morning.) Anyone have any idea how many calories???:yawn:

Replies

• Well I normally go to the gym in the mornings dropping my 2 year old off at the gym day care(thank goodness for these day cares). However my little sister is on bed rest with her third baby and she already has a 1 and 2 year old and her hubby works out of state during the week. So no gym for me for the next couple weeks....I have to help her as much as she needs me.......I tried to go at nights a couple times....but I am so tired by the time I have time to go. So I chase around and lift all three babies all day. I wonder how many calories I am burning doing this. (I think I will do two classes at the gym Saturday morning.) Anyone have any idea how many calories???:yawn:
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    How fortunate your sister is to have you!!! Okay, this is so unscientific, its pathetic, but here goes...

Being a mom of three myself, I can assume your days are spent getting them meals/snacks, filling sippy cups, doing dishes, laundry, picking up toys, chasing them around the house/outside, etc....

How about logging your activity as "housework"? There are a couple different options in the database. This seems like a reasonable comparison. And you are probably burning a lot more than you realize depending on the number of hours you are caring for them. Check it out.

Have fun at your classes tomorrow and many blessings to you and your sister!