weight loss

Options
kaylaheiser16
kaylaheiser16 Posts: 15 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
how come I cant tell a difference in losing weight? is it because I have a lot to lose and not just a little? I weighed 261 when I first started eating healthy I weigh 227 now I lost 33 pounds so far and I still cant see a difference do you think its because I need a lot to lose? after I lose another 30 pounds do you think it will look like I lost weight?

Replies

• sarahwilson12
    sarahwilson12 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    First off - relax :smile:
    Don't worry about it. The key is that you're working on it, which is a lot more than a lot of other people can say. I think we're often our own worse critics. I don't think it's a number so much as a mentality.
    You can do this... just keep at it, accept yourself as you are currently, admit that you have areas of improvement, then move on :smile:
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Congratulations on 33 Pounds Off!! That is Great!!
    Watch for subtle changes like how your Clothes fit, how much energy you have, how well you are sleeping, and your Endurance when you are Exercising or Shopping. You will start seeing Changes but they may be Small and Subtle at first.
    :heart: Keep On Keeping On, and Trust The Process!
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss!!!! That is great!

As for telling a difference, I will tell ya, I can't tell a difference either, and I'm 22 lbs down. I'm also in my 200's so I thought maybe it was because we have so much to lose? Not sure, but everyone is different, and everyone notices their loss at different times. I'd say... just keep pushing, and in time you'll notice. :) You are doing fantastic... keep it up!!!!
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I had lost over 100 and couldn't see it. The NP told me is takes about 3 years to really see it. They on the flip side, that is how alot of people gain it back too. They don't see it right away either. Like ljcannon said, looka the other signs.
  • Sashoi
    Sashoi Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I don't see it but everyone else does, that's good enough for me until I get to my goal
  • elsdonward
    elsdonward Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Keila

You cannot because the body geie prevents us from seeing us as we are. This is a gift that we have which stops us worrying as we get older. But it also stops you from noticing yourself getting bigger. Don't worry - others will see you for what you are 30 pounds lighter - and will be jealous that you have defeated the mirror demon
  • This is one of the reasons people suggest pictures. You don't see it because you look at yourself every day. I still don't SEE it but I feel it. Like, "Wow, these pants used to be tight!" and "Holy crap, look how much more I have to tighten my belt now!" And my least favorite: "@#$%! My bras don't fit! AGAIN! And the cup size STILL won't go down, so I still can't find cheap weight-loss bras. *cry*"
This discussion has been closed.