Just starting out 3 weeks in!

Options
hias1101
hias1101 Posts: 8 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Hey guys, I've recently decided to make a big change to my life (before the holidays so I wont be so easily tempted) I hope! I don't want to weight myself until I'm 5 weeks into my workout because I've found that obsessive weighing just discourages me. i joined a gym and make an effort to go for an hour at least 3-4 times a week and I struggle to keep my calorie intake at 1200/day but I'm getting better! Does anybody have any advice? I love reading the forums and seeing how supportive and inspirational all the stories are everyone here is amazing and I'm really excited to reach my weight loss goals!!!

Replies

• misti777
    misti777 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Maybe increase your calorie intake to 1350 or 1400. And also, tea helps curb hunger cravings when you know you could wait a couple hours until dinner or something or late at night when/if you know you shouldn't anymore one day. Also, you can add me if you want. :)
  • hias1101
    hias1101 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That's great advice after all I love tea! Added :)
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Have you set your calorie goals for a reasonable deficit? For example, if you don't have much to lose, 2lbs a week can be a bit aggressive. Also make sure you are getting plenty of protein fats and fiber and eating back at least some of your exercise calories. This is an excellent read to get you started.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Are you eating any exercise calories back? Mfp calorie goals assume you will be doing this. If you aren't it could be edgy you are struggling with the calorie goal
This discussion has been closed.