NSV for the day - I finished the 30 Day Shred!

Options
erinxo13
erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
After the first attempt of 30DS in March/April when level 2 led me to a massive breakdown during my workout, I gave up. I stopped after doing more than 10 days of level 1, and maybe 3 days of level 2. I had been stuck in a plateau losing and gaining the same 2lbs from January until that point and 30DS wasn't helping me and it was HARD. I was also finishing the last of my undergraduate studies, finishing papers, studying for finals.... I was all over the place. In August, after STILL being at a plateau losing the same 2-3lbs - I decided I wanted to start 30DS again. I decided on a whim to go for it again. This time I would be trying it every other day (for the most part, some weeks I did it 2-3 times in a row, some weeks I took 2-3 days off in a row - depending on my schedule). I took measurements and took pictures. I finally decided to stop playing with calories - calories too low were making me hungry (1500) too high (2100) were making me bloated and sick...and neither of them were changing my weight or anything else. i was hardly doing any cardio besides walking and I was just so discouraged from things... This time I just knew I had to finish 30DS even if it killed me....and now after 62 days... I have finished it! I just finished level 3, day 10 about an hour ago and I feel FANTASTIC. I feel amazing. During this time, I broke the plateau (final weigh in is tuesday of this week but I have lost 6.2 lbs since I started the program again), I have lost inches (final measurements tuesday - but i have lost at least 4 inches total in different places) and I have been eating when I am hungry, not to fill a calorie intake (between 1600-2000 calories, averaging 1700-1800). I also started my aquafit classes up again on Mondays in mid-September. I'm not sure how many total pounds or inches I have lost on 30DS...and I'm not going to say it was easy because I still despise level 2 and I couldn't do EVERYTHING perfect on level 2 or 3 even by the end... but I improved and thats what matters! I finished it and on Wednesday morning bright and early, I leave for a little mini break. I am very excited to be finished 30DS and excited to start ripped in 30 after I come back from vacation.

I just had to share. My weight loss/inch loss may not be as fast as it used to be but I feel great because I had a goal and I stuck to it. Sorry about the gushy post, I just needed to gush! I will be writing a blog on Tuesday about my final results, I'll check back here and post my final results then! :D

Replies

• strangeone25
    strangeone25 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I am working on 30 day shred level 1
  • nyboer
    nyboer Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's so fantastic. :)
  • jg4ever
    jg4ever Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Congrats :drinker:

I'm working on 30 day shred myself. I will be doing level 1 day 2 today. :happy:
  • kristen2713
    kristen2713 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    You deserve to gush for that!! Way to go and keep it up!! :drinker:
  • Melaney1
    Melaney1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Way to go! It's not easy. I've stopped and started a few times. Keep it up!
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Great job, I finished it about 2 weeks ago. I agree level 2 sucks. I HATE planks. One set was fine, but if I remember isn't there 3 different ones in level 2. Anyways congrats! You should be very proud of yourself for finishing. Most of the people on the 30DS challenge site quit. I think there were only 4 left of about 30. I'm taking a break and going to start Ripped too. lol!

Have a fun vacation and woo hoo!
  • love9705
    love9705 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Congrats and great job on finishing!!
  • missionskinnynow
    missionskinnynow Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Way to go ! Im on Day 9
  • grandmamere
    grandmamere Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    congrats!
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all of your support! Didn't get a chance to write a blog but I did my final measurements and weigh in for 30DS - in the two months I did the program, I lost 7lbs and 6 inches (bust/under bust/hips/waist - most from bust and underbust) - possibly more in my arms and legs (4ish) but it's hard to measure those on your own lol. So yay :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!