Ladies who lift diet?

Options
Hi there! I recently started a heavy lifting routine and I was wondering what those of you who have lost weight with heavy lifting are eating. I am hungry all the time and try to start each day with a protein shake. Are you eating carbs? I am building muscle but not losing fat :(

TIA

Replies

• fultimers
    fultimers Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    My weight loss stalled for about three weeks after I started strength training four days a week (not heavy lifting). I decided to lower my calories by about 100 a day and that broke the deadlock.
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    LOTS of protein. Whole wheat bread. Dairy (greek yogurt has fantastic protein content) and the daily splurge. Feel free to check out my diary (it should be open0>
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Feel free to creep through my diary. I've just finished a 12 week bulk, so you might want to go back to July and earlier to see what I was eating while losing weight. Never cut out my carbs,
  • bigred503
    Options
    i have not lost a single lb but have lost 17" all over my body. This is what I eat on a normal day. P.S. I follow a 16/8 fast daily.

Lunch @ 11 am:
    Half a meat and cheese sandwich
    .75 ounces of pepitas
    Cheese stick
    1 piece of Hard candy

Snack @ 3 pm
    .75 ounces of pepitas
    1 piece of hard candy
    Days I lift I eat another half of a meat and cheese sandwich

Lift around 5 pm

Immediately consume a green smoothie containing a handful of spinach, a large leaf of kale, half an apple, a quarter ring of pineapple, half a banana, half an orange and a half cup of grapes and about 1.5 cups of ice

Dinner right after smoothie @ 6
    Any one of these:
    panko breaded cod w/ tator tots
    taquitos with cheese and chips
    sandwich egg salad or tuna with chips
    left overs from the weekend
    breaded chicken patty burger with chips or tots
    etc...

Dessert right after dinner
    at least 1 lemon creme cookies

1700 cals on a non lifting day
    2000 cals on lifting days
    saturday free day
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. I have my macros set to 50/25/25 carbs/protein/fat. Protein and fat are minimums. Feel free to add me or ask me any questions. I may not have all the answers, but I've learned a lot. :flowerforyou: