Is it a bad thing....

Options
...if I'm going over my daily limit for fiber and protein?

Replies

• schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    id say there are worse things to be going over on! :)
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Nope, I always go over mine
  • futureredheadhottie
    Options
    no those to are fine to go over
  • Iron_Biker
    Iron_Biker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I really don't know, but I guess if there's limits, it's for a reason...

Ialways try to remain below all of them.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options

Yes, you're going to wake up tomorrow with gremlins living in your microwave! Don't do it again.
  • trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    Options

Yes, you're going to wake up tomorrow with gremlins living in your microwave! Don't do it again.

Okay, chief, got the point! :laugh:
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options

Okay, chief, got the point! :laugh:

BTW, Always aim to go over on protien. I could change my targets, but it's not that big of a deal to me.
  • lculian
    lculian Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    My dr. was the person who told me to go over in protein, especially on days that you exercise. She suggested 90 g of protein on exercise days. I know fiber is healthy so, unless you are over by a huge amount I wouldn't worry about it. I just try to be mindful of fat, calories, and sodium.

:flowerforyou:
  • trisha329
    Options
    That's good to hear, thank you!
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's a prob :drinker: For me I watch my Sodium, Carbs and Cals the rest I am not too worried about :wink: in saying that I try not to go too far over the figure :laugh:
  • angiereid
    angiereid Posts: 158
    Options
    no i don't think so because if you notice the more you exercise the more your protein intake goes up there is a reason for that your muscles need the protein to help recover, as far as fiber goes weight watchers and a lot of sites reccommend higher intakes than mfp they are around like 35, so i would say keep at it i always go over protein and as far as fiber you will feel less bloated eating more especially if you are drinking a lot of water. plus you will feel lighter with your system being cleaner
  • Skinnytime
    Skinnytime Posts: 279
    Options
    Fiber is okay to go over, because it will keep your system running well. If you are bloated and having diarrhea, then cut back. Protein is a different story. You can actually have to much protein. A non athlete should aim for about half their body weight in protein. I've also read that if you are trying to lose weight, you should be eating 1/2 that weight in protein. For example, if your goal is 120 pounds you should aim for 60 grams of protein a day. As good as it is, protein is still a source of fuel for your body and your metabolism will consume it before consuming stored fat.

You can find a bunch of articles on the net that will give you protein requirements. If what you are doing is working, then keep doing it and don't worry. If your weight loss is stalling, then see what you can change.

Good luck!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Actual recommended #s for fiber is 25-30g and 30% of your diet in protein...so if you're not getting that, you can go into your goals, customize, and change those 2 things. It will make losing weight easier as well, especially on your muscles!
  • trisha329
    Options
    Thanks, Arielle...I think I'm on the right track then!