What do I do

Options
I am really discouraged,

I have been working out curcit training with the bowflew 5x a week also doing about 30 minutes of running at a 10 minute mile and on top of that each workout. I have been getting out for a hour walk with my son and dog or biking a hour each day. I have been eating healthier cutting out alot of bad things and portioning my meals, sticking in my calories and drinking atleast 90 onces of water a day. I have been doing this for the past 3 and a half week and the scale isnt moving????

I am so fed up, my husnad cant understand at all how im not losing and its making me want to just eat crappy becuase nothing changing anyways. I took my measurements on July 20th so Ill be measurement again in a few days so im hoping to see some results there but I just dont see how I havent lost anything, my husband said okay the scale must be broken but i have a digital and a standard one and they both read the same! I weigh 245 right now and to weigh that much i should be able to lose a far bit doing what im doing can anyone give me a solution to why i might not be losing?? or has this happend to anyone else? I understand that this takes time and im okay with that but 3 and a half weeks should be enough to start seeing somethign should it?

Replies

• Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough? You have to make sure that you eat 1200 calories. All of that exercise burns lots of calories so hopefully youre eating enough to still come in at your target. Also you may be building lean muscle which does weight more than fat. :smile:
  • angrypanda
    angrypanda Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough calories? When I started, I was staying well under my 1200/day allowance. I found that when I bumped my calories up, it seemed to help. I also try to "yo-yo" my calories, sometimes staying well under, sometimes going over with my exercise calories, especially since I am way more hungry these days with all the exercising I do now. And I know if I consume a fair amount of sodium, I retain water very easily. I drink tea every single day to try help try to flush out the excess water I might retain from salty foods.

Also, do you measure yourself? I've really upped my workouts lately and have incorporated strength training, and the pounds are veerrrrry slowly coming off, but I am definitely becoming more toned and my measurements/the way my clothes fit show more progress than the number on the scale.

Anyway, don't give up. I know exactly how you feel. We've all been there...stick it through! It'll be worth it. Just keep experimenting. You'll find that you'll have to make adjustments along the way fairly regularly if you're anything like me or plenty of other people. Good luck!
  • hammersue1
    hammersue1 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Please dont let the scales put you off. You have lost well so far. Maybe you need to re-do your calorie intake since you have lost weight. Try that and Im sure it will get you moving again on the scales.
    Do you eat your exercise calories ?
    Are you making sure you weigh your foods ?
    it can be any thing and just a simple thing. Im sure there will be a new weight loss soon.
    Good luck x:smile:
  • obifatkanobi
    Options
    There is an answer. First of all, if you previously didn't do nearly as much exercise, there will be some water retention. Secondly, if your diet is high in sodiums, you will retain a lot of water. Unfortunately, it's difficult to by anything without added salt; msg's, and other sodiums. The biggest factor, though is what's going on in your body right now. With your exercises, your building up muscles even as your burning off fats. This is good, and what you want, but it's going to take some time for things to balance and show any results. Why? Because, muscle weighs more than fat does, so even though your burning off fat, the muscle you replace it with adds back in the weight you lost.

You should see some results in your measurement; give it some more time, and you should see it on the scale. Remember, though, measuring and weighing can be deceiving, depending on what's going on. Like I mentioned, sodium and changes in routines can add water. Also, any water retention can result in bloating, and unfortunately, being a woman, your own hormones can add to this. Just remember this, if you take in less calories than you burn, you will lose the fat. Ask yourself this, "Do I feel I have more energy?" Even if your not "seeing" any results yet, you should be feeling them.