Hit my goal weight, now what?

Options
2»

Replies

• walleymama
    walleymama Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this thread. I am five pounds away from my goal weight. Actually, I'm at my goal weight right now but added five pounds b/c I had read before that I could expect to fluctuate a bit.

I plan to keep exercising and slowly up my daily net calorie amount, about 100 calories. I'll do that one week at a time and see how it goes. I've been losing weight fairly slowly so hopefully I won't have a big jump due to water/glycogen depletion.

Congrats on reaching your goal! I plan to keep logging for life...
  • applepie161987
    Options
    I don't know what you should do, but I can tell you what I plan on doing. I will still keep track for a little while, just to make sure I don't go crazy, but eat 1700 calories a day instead of 1300. If my weight changes too much, then I will decrease it, but I will see what amount my body can handle without gaining too much.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,506 Member
    Options
    So long story short, I have hit my goal weight of 135 pounds (yay!!) but now I'm a little confused about what to do next. I think after eating less and exercising for such a long time I'm kind of scared to eat more and cut down on exercise, because I don't want to gain back the weight I worked so hard to get off in the first place. So, what do you guys reccomend for transitioning from loosing weight to maintaing? Slowly add more calories each week? What if I gain weight? Any advice, tips, personal experiences would be greatly appreciated!:smile:
    Are you content with your physique? If not then look to another goal............improvement of it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • sdeepe
    sdeepe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am almost at my goal (2 pounds left to go !) and I was wondering and worried about the same thing...how do you keep it off ! I think I now have a few new tools that I did not have before. I have never logged my food which is extremely helpful because it makes me face immediately bad trends in eating. This is a tool I will continue to use even after I finish my weight loss. It is a lot easier to loose 5 lbs than it is to loose 50. So when I see the numbers going up, it is time to tighten up on eating !!