Trying to reach 100lb. From 125lb.

Options
Hi I need some weight loss buddies to help me reach my goal!!! I run cross country, but the season just ended because its winter now...so I need some motivation to stay active and eat healthy. My husband always brings home junk food, and we hardly eat dinner anymore. So it's hard to eat healthy...and I always have to make up excuses as to why I don't want that donut, or that cookie, or fast food. Anyone willing to be my buddy?!

Replies

• kris_starfall
    Options
    Hello,

I'd be happy to join you in this journey. I'm Cristy, I joined MFP early this year and have lost quite a few months but I slacked off and eventually gained weight. I'm 128 lbs right now and my goal weight is 100 lbs. I'm currently training for my first 21K run this December and first half marathon on January. I am so determined to shed the pounds and be as active as I can be. Some help and encouragement from people here would really help.
  • TheFitnessTutor
    TheFitnessTutor Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    First off if you're trying to eat healthy and your husband brings home too much crap then you need to simply communicate your desires and goals to him in a nice way, in the best way you can.

But why is the goal 100 lbs? A nice even number? That's getting low for an adult. Unless you're under 5 feet and then it's still potentially low but I can't really tell. Be careful that you're not picking some number out of thin air for the sake of being skinny.
  • candiceh3
    candiceh3 Posts: 379
    Options
    How tall are you?
  • Jentri_Steimle
    Jentri_Steimle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow, half marathon?! What a goal, that's so awesome!! I would love to befriend you and have a weight loss buddy! :)
  • Jentri_Steimle
    Options
    I am 5' 4"
  • Jentri_Steimle
    Options
    Thank you for your response! I have spoken with my husband about this subject numerous times, but he is very stubborn and loves his sweets. He supports my physical activities such as soccer and cross country, but has a hard time quitting the sugary things. It might be hard, but I am always up for a good challenge. And yes I know, 100lb is kind of low, but it has been my goal for a few years now...and I am not going to quit until I reach it!!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 4"

Yeah, no. 100 lbs is FAR too little for a woman of your height. (I am 5'0, and weigh 111 lbs) Don't sacrifice your health just for the sake of vanity and bragging rights.
  • MuseofSong
    MuseofSong Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    mo5erjy

You may have body image issues or be what is popularly known as 'skinny fat' due to a need for exercise. But, running the way you do, I doubt you are 'skinny fat'.

You are already at a healthy weight for your height. Your weight goal for your height is unrealistic and unhealthy. This is not a site that promotes or supports eating disorders.
  • octogirlpretty
    Options
    mo5erjy

You may have body image issues or be what is popularly known as 'skinny fat' due to a need for exercise. But, running the way you do, I doubt you are 'skinny fat'.

You are already at a healthy weight for your height. Your weight goal for your height is unrealistic and unhealthy. This is not a site that promotes or supports eating disorders.

No offense OP, but this is very true. Especially the last part. The only ones who would agree that this I'd a good idea are the ones that want to follow the same pattern. I think most people here would recommend a reevaluation of what you really want from your body. Good luck though in whatever you feel is healthy.

Had to edit due to gross spelling errors..darn Swype :)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I realize that you say that this has been a goal for a while - but 100lb at 5 4" is quite a bit below a healthy weight. Why is this such a magic number to you?
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I knew a lot of track and cross country girls and women who pursued very low body weight on the premise of improving run times. Unfortunately, a lot of these weight goals are not sustainable and ultimately affects performance since one needs to reduce calories significantly to reach them.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft 4 and I cannot imagine weighing 100 pounds.

OP, please listen to the kind advice here and forget the 100 pound goal and concentrate on properly fueling your body for your running.

Also, even if hubby is a junk food junkie, you can make the choice to eat your meals and healthy food.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    OP, I would agree with others. Right now, you should probably concentrate on body composition, not weight. If your body fat is low enough, many women (and men) do a bulk phase to get more definition and a better body. The below link (staci) is a perfect example. Look at the pictures going from 120 to 130. The main point, it's not about how much you weigh, it's about what your body composition is. I can't tell you how many underweight women (and even men) come on this board unhappy with their body. It's because they are low lbm and high body fat. I would reconsider your goal. BTW, staci is 5'4, eats 3000-4000 calories a day and powerlifts. Her results show that when she got to 140, but if you think that is extreme, remember that you can go to maintenance anytime and prevent getting those results.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/
  • Rachlovesfitness
    Rachlovesfitness Posts: 219 Member
    Options
  • maryann9wood
    maryann9wood Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My 13 year old daughter is 5' 5", 104 pounds, and runs cross country. Her goal is to be FAST, not 100 pounds. For an adult, you are looking at an unrealistic goal - you can be either 100 pounds or a runner. Or I guess you could be 100 and a SLOW runner. Please see a doctor to set a realistic HEALTHY goal!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    OP, I would agree with others. Right now, you should probably concentrate on body composition, not weight. If your body fat is low enough, many women (and men) do a bulk phase to get more definition and a better body. The below link (staci) is a perfect example. Look at the pictures going from 120 to 130. The main point, it's not about how much you weigh, it's about what your body composition is. I can't tell you how many underweight women (and even men) come on this board unhappy with their body. It's because they are low lbm and high body fat. I would reconsider your goal. BTW, staci is 5'4, eats 3000-4000 calories a day and powerlifts. Her results show that when she got to 140, but if you think that is extreme, remember that you can go to maintenance anytime and prevent getting those results.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

Wow! What an incredible difference in the before and after pictures. It really is not about the number on the scale. It's about making your body as strong as you can. And, that girl looks much stronger at 130 and 140 pounds then she does at 117 pounds.
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    100 lbs.... why? Is your goal to look emaciated?