The first step

Romes08
Romes08 Posts: 114 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
So I'm curious to see who started out simple and made their way to more intense ways? I have just started tracking all of my calories and logging about a week ago and haven't done much activity except here and there walking. Has anyone else starting with simple calorie counting and then moved onto more exercise and other things after a couple of week and seen results?

Replies

• besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    yes. walked a mile for the first month or so. lost close to 10 pounds. started dancing to dance central, upped my walking, lost another 40.. started running and doing 30ds lost another 40.
  • michable
    michable Posts: 312 Member
    I did no exercise whatsoever in my first week on mfp (I have only been here 4 weeks so far), then after joining the community and reading about what others were doing, I found this whole new world of exercise DVDs, e.g. Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30 (I'm on Week 3 now), and Shaun T's Insanity (to do after Ripped in 30, if I have the courage). It's great for me, because I am time poor with 3 children and work, so working out at home is my best option at the moment. I never would have found out about all these exercise options without the community here. Also, the community is very motivating. If you don't feel like working out, just read a few posts, and you will soon be up on your feet!

I have had good results with tracking calories and working out - I have lost 3 kgs in 3 weeks,6 cm from my waist, 3 cm from my butt and tummy. I can see results in the mirror, and I can feel that I'm getting stronger.
This discussion has been closed.