You are the 6th toe and the big toe

Options
Hey people, I was just taught a really beautiful lesson in life, and it took me by surprise how apt it is to everything. So I thought I'd share.

In a class I have, we had to get into groups, and each group was give a silver ring with dozens of strings tied on it. A small ball was placed on the ring, and everyone in the group had to grab a string and pull it tight towards them to lift the ring and the ball off ground without it falling.

Sometimes, you could feel your string was the most important one and if you let go, the ball would fall. Other times you could feel how your string was useless and could be dropped with no consequence. The instructor pointed this out to us, and said:

"Did you notice how sometimes your string was useless, kind of like a 6th toe? And did you notice how other times, your string was the driving force that held the ball up?"

This is life. Sometimes, our efforts seems futile, sometimes it seems like we're not moving. The most important thing to remember is that progress is not linear, and all our work that we're doing will pay off, we will become the big toe.

You're not going to do perfect all the time. The point is, you have to remember that your work is not futile. You might not see results this second, but they will come. You must keep trying.

You will improve, you will get better, you WILL lose weight.