Help me please - new at home exercise needed.

Options
Hi so i will give you a little back ground to help, in December 2012 i saw a lung doctor who told me i have a lung condition which she wont diagnose as it means a lung biopsy, she is 99.9% its a rare form of bronchitis which sits in the bottom of my lungs all the time and presents as asthma. when im ill with it they treat me with oral steroids and anti biotics. and exercise helps keep the lungs strong. so as im sitting here now my lungs only work at around 23% but after a class they work at 110% for my age.

In March 2013 after dropping 12lbs ish i started zumba class once a week and body bump once a week, im now doing zumba at gym once a week and bump twice and zumba dvd at home 2-3 days as well. and im down 36lbs, but need something else instead of the zumba at home its the same all the time, im able to talk to my kids the whole way time yes i sweat but just not pushing hard enough. I know this as at the gym nat changes the routine all the time and i come out of her class exhausted most weeks.

I cannot do anything to punishing as at the start of the exercise i cannot get any oxygen which is why until now the zumba and body pump have been perfect but need to step it up . i have two children under ten so going out running or spending more time at the gym is a no go for me as we also run our own business and juggle our spare time best we can.

and suggestions will be appreciated

Replies

• AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    You can browse exercise videos on youtube if you are looking for something in particular. I always use a lot of channels off YT, & borrow dvds from libraries to work out to. Cheap & inexpensive. Then you can find something that goes at your pace, & your level of what you can handle. :)

Fitness Blender is a great channel with lots of different workouts, at all different levels.
    I don't know what kind of workouts you're looking for, if you're more into the dance type fitness, or cardio/pilates stuff. But FB covers a lot of different types, levels, & what-not. They'd be worth looking into if you need something to work at from home off a computer. They are just starting a 4-week beginners part right now, & they have some beginners cardio workouts that won't impact your body too hard or make you breathe too heavily until you warm up to it, or want to change up the pace on your own.

BeFit is another great channel that has a variety of workouts that you can check out. :)
  • MickeS
    MickeS Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Try the app "Nike training club". It's like having a personal trainer at home.
  • rachjenn
    Options
    I use "fitness blenders" videos on youtube - there's hundreds so you should find one you like. I do their stomach work out & their kettlebell workout, both have me sweating like crazy after a few mins.
  • nettip
    nettip Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Thanks i have looked at befit quickly and looks good, but im at work, will have a look tonight.
  • Truegoddess22
    Truegoddess22 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    This or either Workout Trainer
    Try the app "Nike training club". It's like having a personal trainer at home.