Ideas for night feedings

I have a 5 week old son and am slowly getting back into the swing of things. I need to start logging better, but that is for another forum. Here is my problem: I am combination feeding (formula/breast) so I get up at each feeding. He's not sleeping through the night yet. I get so hungry during these feedings. Before he was born, I could easily get through the night without needing a snack. As long as it fits within my goals, is it okay to have a small snack during the night? I try and down a glass of water as well to make sure it's not thirst. What would be some good ideas for a fast, small snack? Last feeding, I had an apple, just to give an example.

Replies

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    As long as you're staying in your total calorie goal, go ahead and eat the snack. What I did for those nighttime feeding is I premade and premeasured snack bags, wrote on the bag what it was and how much. When I was eating while nursing, I would just leave the baggies by my nursing station, and in the morning, no forgetting about what I had in the middle of the night.